26 | messed up

26 | messed up

WITH A HUGE grin on my fa.ce, I walk towards the elevator, ready to climb up the door. But my steps come to a halt when I see Gauri standing there with a grin that matches my own. “Someone looks extremely wet.” She smirks suggestively, leaning against the wall.

“Drenched. Drenched is the word you are supposed to use right now.” I roll my eyes despite the fact my face is heating up because you know what she said is sorta right. Anybody would be turned on after what happened.

“Nah, after what I witnessed wet seems more appropriate,” She says, wiggling her eyebrows.

“What exactly did you witness?” I narrow my eyes at her when she grins at me. Then she makes a kissy face and smooching noise. My face turns red and I shoot her a glare but it does little to affect her.

“My ship. A, you don’t know how excited I was. I legit squealed and had to clamp my mouth shut.” She says, pressing the elevator button and stepping in when the doors open. I press my lips into a thin line, trying hard to be intimidating when on the inside I am screaming in glee.

“How much of it did you see?” I ask, silently hoping she didn’t see me making the first move because well, that would be a huge blow to my whole ego after the ‘I have absolutely no feelings for him’ and ‘I hate him so much’. I am never going to live this one down.

All my hopes crash when she utters her next statement, “From that ‘no need to thank me’ to the whole ‘it sure is a date’” She says in a falsetto voice. I facepalm myself when we step out the door because she totally saw me make the first move. Ugh. “‘Gauri, I swear there is nothing between us’” She mimics me and her voice sounds so unlike me. “Yeah, A, you say that now after you are the one who made the first move.”

I bite my lip as she pushes the door open. “Can we please not talk about this?”

“Naha baby, not till you tell me the details. Come on, at least tell me is he a good kisser?”

“Extremely.” The words tumble out before I can stop them. Another facepalm moment. But even if I had stopped myself from saying anything, I know the blush on my face would have said so. Gauri cheers and rubs her hand in delight, hungry for details.

“But why were you thanking him?” My mood instantly dampens and tears brim in my eyes. Oh, gods. I thought I was capable of speaking about it without breaking down but even the mere mention of it has brought tears to my eyes. Gauri comes closer to me, cupping my face, “what happened?”

“When I went back home…” I narrate the incident to her, my face getting soaked in tears. She wraps her arms around me–despite the fact I am drenched–and listens patiently. She coos softly, patting my head. When my sobs quiet down to occasional sniffles, she pulls back and tells me to go get changed. I do so and when I come out, we sit down on the couch, eating pasta for today.

I totally pretend my life is okay when I know it’s just falling apart ‘cause my family is falling apart.

I needed to talk with Rohit. I couldn’t just not let him know when both Gauri and Shivaay are aware. Rohit is a part of my family. It’s our dadi we are talking about not my dadi or his. I wonder why mom, maasi and dad didn’t tell us together. Maybe he was busy and couldn’t make it.  So when it’s lunch time, I catch up with him. But it looks like he needs to talk to me as much as I do. We sit down; he sits across me.

“Ann.” He folds his hand on the table and looks at me. I stare right back, my bottom lip quivering because of what I am going to tell him. It’s going to break him as much as it is breaking me. Rohit is attached to dadi, perhaps even more than I am because he had lost his dadi when he had been 4 but then he had found her in our dadi. My childhood self even got mad at Rohit even more than she pampered me. But I realise now that I don’t mind because this boy deserves so much love.

“Yes, Ru?” I clench my jaw.

“Did you talk to Natasha on friday night?” He aks, dead serious. I give him a perplexed look. What has this got to do with anything and how does he know about it?

“I did.”

“And you told her to stay away from me. Why?” He questions, giving me a ‘I-can’t-believe-you’ look.

“No, I did no such thing.”

“Ann, Nat called and said you forced your way into her room and threatened to break her face.” He says like it explains everything. I stare at him in disbelief. He thinks I would stoop that low? Yeah, fine I can’t control my anger but I have standards for god’s sake.

“I didn’t go inside her house, bitch didn’t even let me step in but about the whole threatening her part, it’s true.”

“But–” When he starts to defend her, my anger flares up. My emotions have already been over the place and I am still trying to get myself together so him defending Natasha only added to the fuel. I get up and smack my palms on the table, leaning close to him.

“Oh, so you think I am lying-your childhood best friend, partner in crime and your sister-and Natasha Ahuja is telling the truth. A girl you have barely known for 6 months of your life. Well done, Ru. Now girlfriend is the first priority. If that’s what you think then you can go fuck yourself.” I ground out, my whole body trembling, from anger and from hurt.

I walk away, knowing that my life was just getting up more and more tangled and falling apart.

Some life I have got.

-----------------

Such a crappy update. And don't anybody of you say it was good. With what I am writing, I'm slowly driving myself towards a writers block. So if I go MIA for a few days you have got either my school, or a writers block or my The Percy Jackson series to be blame.

The real reason I haven't been updating is the book series I ordered. I'm already on 2nd book so it's quite explanatory.

Anyway, please vote and comment if you like this chapter even a teeny tiny bit. At least comment even if you don't like things. I am all for constitutive criticism.

Also, I want to collaborate with an author, you know work on a book with someone since it will help me grow as a writer. Any of you interested? It's okay if you have a busy schedule but can you cooperate? Ping me if you are interested.

Until next update,
Love, Kriti xxxxxxxx