29 | drunken nights

Listen to Starving by Hailee Steinfield for this song. 

Happy reading x! 

  ⛧–––––––––––––––––––⛧  

29 | drunken nights 

THERE IS A deafening silence that follows my stunt. Everybody just stands there with their mouths hanging open, trying to process the events that have unfolded tonight. As Natasha cradles her nose with shock written all over her face, I turn around, flip my hair dramatically–that just needed to be done–and walk out with my heels clanking against the tiled floor. Now if you ask me how I got past security, it was quite simple really. All I had to do was give a sultry smile, bat my eyelashes and bam they were ready to let me enter inside the party.

Men these days. They just want to get inside our pants.

There's adrenalin feeling my body right now as I sprint out of the house. After someone, I have always found myself filled with energy and this time is no different.  different. The cool wind bellows against my face as I laugh. I don’t stop sprinting till I reach a safe looking park though. I take off my heels and walk barefoot in the grass. Throwing my heels down on the ground, I cross my legs and let my eyes wander to my surroundings. The park is relatively empty but there are a few people still lingering around. They’re mostly mothers with their children running around to play.

I dig out my phone from my bag and ring up Shivaay. I haven’t really talked to him properly after the day dadi had held the pooja and even yesterday ‘our date’ had been cut short. I feel terrible after he had taken me for ice-cream just to cheer me up and I ended it on such a abrupt note. I am hoping he’ll come around the park so we could lay here and look at the sky. The sky looks brilliant today as the stars seem to glow ten times brighter. When you look up at the sky, it looks like you’re seeing glitter sprinkled across a dark blanket and it looks absolutely breathtaking.

With the thought that I am only making up for yesterday, I call him. It doesn’t take him long to answer because after the third ring I am greeted by his husky voice. As he greets me, his voice sounds gruff and extremely, like really extremely, sexy.

“What’s up? All okay?” I love how concerned he sounds and I bite back a grin.

“Can you come over to this park I am in? Bring a bottle or two of whiskey. I haven’t had drink in a while,” I blurt out, still high on adrenalin that’s pumping through my veins right now. Wow, real smooth Anika. Invite the guy you like for a drink.

“Are you going to seduce me while I am completely wasted? Sounds kinky.” I can totally imagine him smirking right now, the stupid cocky look on his face.

“Trust you to make everything sound kinky.” I roll my eyes but there’s a smile on my face.

“You should stop rolling your eyes so much,” He laughs and I roll my eyes again.

“Creepy.” I scrunch up, massaging my feet in an attempt to soothe them.

“You know it’s true.” He laughs again.

“I wonder why you are telling me to stop rolling my eyes. Is it because you stopped rolling them after being disappointed to not find a brain back there?” I sass back and I can imagine him shaking his head at my words.

“Touche, aren’t we?”

“Are you coming here or not?” I ask, desperate to see him. I am surprised when he says he’s already sitting in the car and is about to turn the engine. “Okay, come soon then and don’t forget whiskey or you are going to suffer the wrath of Anika Agrawal!”