12 | she's with me

12 | she's with me

THE AUGUST WIND tickles my face. I stare out of the window and see the twilight falling on our faces. The sky is blue velvety blanket and hundreds of sparkling stars are scattered across it. City lights seem like small beams of light and it looks simply beautiful.

"You know you said something about pretend dating and all," I muse, pushing my hair out of my eye when I turn towards Shivaay.

"Yeah, I did." For some reason, he's smiling. I ignore the way he's looking at me.

"Yeah, so I was thinking that since we can't pretend date, I'll find a pretend boyfriend for me and then we-my boyfriend and I-could leave them stranded on a date." I grin at my genius idea, maybe I could rope in Ashish for this whole pretend boyfriend role.

Yesterday when I was coming out of the building, he had caught me up to me. He had handed me a cup of cappuccino and my stomach had exploded with butterflies. We had walked together and he had dropped me off. I swear this guy's cuteness will be the death of me.

"Kitten I thought we were over this shit idea," he says, an impassive expression on his face. "Just because it's my idea, you don't need to agree to it."

"But–"

"Drop this." I sigh heavily, well, I think it's just not in my luck to date Ashish, not even in pretense. Bruh...life is hard.

"Yeah, whatever," I mumble and put my spoon down on the plate. "At least, think of something else, will you?"

"I have thought something. I think thing that Gauri and Om need is a romantic place, music and well, some alcohol. It's Aashna's birthday this Friday and then there's obviously going to be alcohol."

"Who's this Aashna?" I don't know why but I don't like the sound of her name on Shivaay's tongue. Oh god, how in the name of heaven do I not understand my own mind? What a messed up brain have I got!

Shivaay raises a eyebrow, amused, "Are you jealous or what, Kitten?" He mocks, stifling a chuckle. I roll my eyes.

"You wish, devil." I can't be jealous and too at the expense of Shivaay Singh Oberoi? No way. It's so ridiculous. "And I still want to strangle you for posting that awful picture on instagram!"

"It was pretty good if I have to be honest. And guess what, it got so many likes, damn. Not even my shirtless pictures got that many likes and well, that's saying something."

"Please. You kidding, right?"

"You'll understand some day," he murmurs and I catch onto only a bit of his sentence.

"Keep talking, I only yawn when I'm interested." I feign a yawn as sarcasm drips from my mouth.

"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, kitten, ever heard that?" He grins and I shoot him a flat look.

"Keeping your mouth shut is possible, ever head of that?" It's my turn to grin when Shivaay shoots me a flat look.

"Whatever! I'll ask Om to invite you both so it won't look suspicious to Gauri. It would feel weird for her if I invite you," He says, digging his hands into his pocket and standing up.

"Hey, hang on!" I say, "how's Om? He doing okay?"

"Yeah, fine, fine. We'll get the plaster undone tomorrow so his arm will be okay in a few days. Gotta go, now." He waves and without glancing back, he's out.

Party, alcohol, rowdy people, I can only wonder what things can go wrong on this Friday.

________