09 | talk about awkward

WHEN THE CUTESY little Munchkin is done chiding her Chachu, he rolls his eyes. I lean down and flick here nose. "And want might your name be little munchkin?" I ask the girl and my gaze slides to the the boy who's busy nibbling on a chocolate. His hands are covered in chocolate and a speck of chocolate is rubbed on his cheek.

"Hey, that's my nickname for her, you don't get to use it." Shivaay protest, his arms failing about.

"Ignore him," Munchkin whispers. "It's my name and you can call me whatever you want. And to answer your question, my name's Aarushi."

"You are one savage kid," I compliment her after I hear Shivaay grumble something incoherent. She grins at me and asks me my name. When I tell her my name, she cutely calls me 'Anika didi'.

Suddenly, she whips around and shoot daggers at Shivaay. "Chachu, be a gentleman and invite my Anika Didi in." A  chuckle escapes my lips when I heard her command. Looks like bossiness is a trait that runs in their blood. I smack a palm over my lips to muffle my giggles but my shaking shoulders made it evident that I am laughing.

Giving into her command, Shivaay invites me in and I walk inside. I have only been inside this mansion twice but it's beauty never ceases to amaze me. This mansion is like ten folds the size of our house. It's beautifully designed and decorated. The large chandelier, huge portraits, fancy staircases, Persian rugs only adds to the extravagance of it. The mansions screams royalty and clearly represents its rich owners.

Drawing my eyes away from the mansion, I lift the boy up in my arms and he chuckles, ticklish like me. "Well, what's your name pretty boy?"

"Naman," He tells me in his adorable voice and I melt. I peck his nose slightly and he snuggles in my arm. I gingerly put him back down and he jumps on the sofa. Aarushi kicks her shoes off and beckons Naman to her. Without a second thought, Naman is by her side in a second.

"Naman, go keep my shoes in the rack," Aarushi instructs him and I watch with curiosity. I feel a warm presence beside me, humming a tune. The minty smell along with sandalwood tickles my nose and I inhale in his scent deeply. He smells good. Like really, really good. But I am never going to admit it aloud. His ego is large enough as it is.

Turning my attention back to the siblings, I smile in amusement when Aarushi blackmails Naman saying, "I'm your big sister so you have to do my work. Go."

The poor boy pouts but oblige nonetheless. "That munchkin is more evil than anybody can think," Shivaay breathes and in that moment, I realize how close his body is to me. This much proximity is not good for my hormones, nah. I place some distance between our bodies and beam at the the two kids.

"Who's up for a piggy back ride?" Their heads perk up and I swear their eyes brighten considerably. Naman shoves Aarushi and races towards me but Aarushi is no less, she grabs his ankle and stops him in his mini race towards me. Shoving him away, she bounces to me but falls face first when Naman slams into her back.

I throw my head back and laugh but the weight of hazel blue eyes makes me whip my head towards his direction. A small smile plays along his lips and the first genuine smile that I have ever seen. It's the kind of smile that lights his whole face up and I struggle to see him as the cocky jerk that he is. But my mind and heart defies me.

"Naman, I said I'm your big sister. I will go for a piggy back ride first," Aarushi shrieks, jumping ahead of him. Since she's around 3 years older than him, her legs are taller as well. It gives her an advantage and she wraps her arms around my legs.

"Naman, come here, baby." Shivaay beckons Naman to him whose head is hung low with his bottom lip jutting out in a sad pout. "Come on, hop on. Who said only Anika Didi could give a ride?" Naman looks up with a very, very bright smile and immediately pounces on Shivaay's back as I lean down for Aarushi to do the same. "Up for a little race, Kitten?"