Chapter 30.

~Two Years Later~

Jade's POV.

"Babe, have you seen my phone?" I heard Tori call out from the top of the stairs as I set up the last of the candles. "Jade?" She tried again, slowly making her way down the stairs.

"Happy anniversary, Tori," I said softly when she saw me at the bottom of the stairs.

Standing still, I watched as she took in the room with a small smile on her face.

Candles were lit and covered the top of the piano, the kitchen counters and the fireplace, the lights were all dimmed, and Tori was in the same dress, stockings and heels she wore -STOLE FROM ME- the night we went out as a group during the great Ping-Pong scam.

I never saw it after that night. Until now, obviously.

My heart leapt into my throat as I took in her appearance and slowly made my way down to the lounge room where I had set up a blanket on the ground with containers of Chinese and Thai food set out from the places we both like. Tori following me over to the blanket.

"I-uh... I wanted to have a picnic, but the weather turned bad," I said with a small pout and pointed to the glass doors where you could see the rain pouring heavily outside.

"An indoor picnic is just as romantic," she said as I moved over to her and pressed a light kiss to her lips before sitting with her on the floor.

The soft music playing from the docking station on the coffee table that I had pushed out of the way was slow, calming, much different to what we were both used to, but I didn't mind it.

--------

By the time we were finished with our lunch and Tori had stacked the empty containers off to the side and stood, holding her hand out to me.

I stood with her help and was instantly pulled into her arms as she began swaying to the beat of the music.

She wanted to dance with me.

I couldn't help but smile as I slipped my free arm around her waist and held her other hand up beside us.

Sure we'd danced before, but it wasn't slow like this. Other than that small dance before our first kiss.

It was always something that just happened, our bodies reacting to the music of whatever was playing.

"I love you," she whispered as she nuzzled my cheek gently.

"I love you too, Tori," I said as I spun her out to an arm's length before pulling her in, her back pressing against my front.

We swayed to the music slowly, her head resting back on my collarbone. "Tori, can I ask you a question?"

Nodding, Tori turned and looked at me, concern clear on her face. "Of course, Jade," she said with a hesitant smile.

"Okay, well-" I took a nervous breath, running my fingers through my hair. "When we met, I wasn't nice to you. At all. But you kept pushing, pushing a friendship, a boundary I was scared to cross. I was scared cause since we met. I have been in love with you. I was jealous of the people you'd talk about that I didn't know, I was jealous of your family, getting to see you in the mornings when you were just waking up." She stared at me, most likely waiting for me to get to the point.

I cupped her cheek, smiling softly. "When we spent more time together I had to distance myself more, I was with Beck, and you were-"

"Hopelessly in love with you," she said, cutting me off.