CHAPTER 5: Could It Be?!

LIAM

Tonight was the ball and I wasn't really looking forward to it entirely. I'm not one for dressing up in penguin suits and parading around the house trying to do a meet and greet with people I most likely will never see again. 

However, as my parents told me when I was younger, in order to become a great Alpha, I must be able to do things such as these. This way people can not see you as weak but more like you are capable of having a bit of a softer side to where I can handle having a family life as well. 

Right as I begin finishing up tying my tie around my neck, I see through the mirror my best friend, Bullet, standing in the doorway. 

"You almost ready Princess?" He jokes. 

"Oh haha." I reply. 

"Well, your parents have already joined the party and told me to come up here and make sure that you are coming down also." He tells me. 

"Yeah. I'm ready." I tell him as I turn and start walking towards him. 

"Aren't you forgetting something?" He asks as he hands me my eye mask.

"My god..." I started as I took the mask and tied it to my eyes. "Why do we need to make this a masquerade?" I asked. 

"I don't know. Your mom said why but I can't remember." He chuckles. 

"Yeah. I think for the past couple of years, she has been making sure that if I ever find my mate at one of these that I wouldn't judge my mate by the way she looks." I shake my head. 

"You're mom is funny, but right. It would be nice if you'd stop bringing home sluts." He tells me as he hits me in the chest. 

"Fuck you. I haven't brought anybody home for months." I remind him. 

"Yeah, okay. Whatever you say Alpha." He rolls his eyes. 

"Come on. Let's get this over with." I tell him as we both head out of the bedroom and start making our way downstairs towards the party. 

As soon as we got downstairs my nose right away filled up with a nice calming scent of Lavender. I couldn't resist it and needed to find out where it was coming from. So I began walking around and could tell I was getting closer towards it when suddenly, I stop and see across the room, eating a chocolate covered strawberry, was where I saw the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. She was curvy with long wavy dark brown hair and just to confirm what I was thinking, I heard my wolf tell me, "Mate!"

I smiled as I made my way over towards the girl and after asking her to dance, I escorted her out onto the dance floor and it was right as soon as her hand touched mine that I felt sparks and a type of electricity go through both her and my body. I focused on looking into her eyes as we began dancing the waltz and no joke, everything and everyone else in the room faded away. 

I could tell she was nervous which I thought was cute because it was definitely a change from how every other girl I have ever met has acted around me-she's like a breath of fresh air. 

As soon as the music stopped, she looked around and then back at me. 

"Thank you for the dance Alpha." She bowed and turned around to try and walk away but I stop and gently grabbed her wrist.

"Wait." I tell her and what happened next, I never saw coming as she quickly turns and slaps me hard on my face. 

Everyone gasped while she looked at me in horror. 

"I'm sorry." She says as her face begins to turn pale. 

She then turns and quickly starts running out towards the front. While I just stared at her as I continued to stand in the same spot while still in shock of what just happened. 

I'm not embarrassed or even mad but did she think I was going to hurt her? Oh my god, she must think I'm some kind of a beast or a monster from what all she has heard about me probably and now, by grabbing her wrist, I probably messed everything all up. I need to go after her to make sure she's alright. 

So I begin to make my way through the sea of people that had joined us on the dance floor and have now gone back to dancing, to find her. 

I follow her scent all the way to outside in the front of the house and watch as she's tossed into the back of a limo by Jace and the limo takes off. 

Why did she leave? I wondered as my wolf whimpered a little bit although I assured him we would see her again soon. I would go over to her house and talk with her and assure her that it wasn't her fault that she reacted the way that she did. I just hope she gives me a chance to make it up to her. 

When I went back inside, I didn't feel like finishing the party. I wanted to see her, to touch her and feel her again in my arms. I wanted to get lost in her amazingly beautiful eyes again. I wanted her and by god, I was not going to take no for an answer. She's mine and god help whoever tries to get in my way. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)