"Im fine"

That day Shane didn't go to school and Ryland stayed home with him. Ryland now has Mark on speed dial.

Meanwhile the vampire himself was jogging towards Jack, who was just walking into the school gates. The human looked back to see Mark pretending to pant as he stopped jogging.

" Good acting" Seàn laughed.

Mark chuckled.

" So what was up?" The Irishmen asked.

Mark shook his head.
" Nothing much, Ryland called for me but didn't have my number. He was smart to figure I'd be near you".

Jack nodded his head and didn't verbally question it anymore. However, he instantly began to figure out the holes in Marks story. For one he wasn't sure why Ryland of all people would want to talk to Mark. It was also suspicious that Ryland had even called Jack in the first place. 

Suddenly the green haired boy stopped walking and made a sharp right turn around the corner. At first Mark didn't realise Jack had left and kept walking down the hall. The boy was about to greet Felix when he noticed the smaller boys absence.

The vampire re-traced his steps to find where Seàn would have gone. He followed his scent of hair dye and sweat mixed with the forest into the boys bathroom.

Pushing the door open slowly he found that Jack was lent against the sink, looking at himself in the mirror.

" You okay?" Mark worriedly asked.

Jack jumped at the voice. It seemed he was deep in thought and Mark had interrupted him. Why he thought his partner wouldn't follow him Mark didn't know.

" Y-yea" Seàn stuttered.

Mark furrowed his brows, stepping forward a little he soon saw that Jack was panicking. The vampire silently hoped he won't have to pull a broken boy out of his own memories again. 

" What happened?" Mark questioned.

Sean said nothing, but stood there, never breaking eye contact with the man in front of him. Mark noticed that Sean's hands were shaking quite badly, reaching forward he took Jack's hand in his and the shaking did not stop. It was bad, whatever was happening was bad, Mark was just glad that it wasn't as bad as Shane had been this morning. 

" You're shaking".

The boy put his hands in his pockets, shrugging it off.

" It's nothing" Jack said firmly before stepping past him.

Mark didn't stop the boy and let him past, he turned to follow him but saw that Jack was blocking the exit.

" Stay at the cabin tonight, I'm staying at my moms" Seàn said.

" Why?".

The human sighed and opened the door.
" Because I want to" he spat more than anything.

Mark stood, confused and hurt. Did Felix trigger such a big reaction that it turned Jacks mood sour? Or was it something else? Was he upset about something that Mark didn't know about?

Maybe Jack couldn't take the pressure of going back to school

The red head exited the bathroom and into the mess hall of students. He came out just in time to see Jack leaving he building. Looked like he wasn't going to stay for school...
That meant Mark had no reason to either.

The vampire turned in the opposite direction and walked away, he'd leave school the back way. He didn't much fancy walking past the front office, he was sure the receptionist would question his presence on the grounds. He had re-enrolled, but he didn't doubt they had questions for him. Starting with why a year previously he had done missing and presumed to be dead along with the rest of his family. Little did the humans know that vampires came back from the grave.