Chapter 2

"An Americano for my sweetest Taehyung," I say as I place the cup in front of him. He scrunches up his nose at my comment, clearly still pissed. It's funny how he's so bothered by Namjoon's teasing. It's almost like he doesn't know that it's just a joke. He always reacts like this. But still, he takes me here every time we skip classes. It's weird, right?

He only huffs as a reply. Just that. I decide to take it as a 'thank you' and sit down opposite of the sulking Tae. "You know Namjoon is only joking, right? I ask him.

"Don't care," he growls. He takes a sip from his coffee but quickly retreats as it's still hot. "I come here to enjoy my coffee in peace, y'know?" He's doing it again. Acting like a kid. It's a good thing kids are easy to cheer up.

"Wait a second, drama queen. I'll be right back," I say as I rise from my seat. I walk over to the counter once again. I don't have to look back to know that Tae's eyes are following me, curious of what I'm about to do.

This time, it's not Namjoom who comes over to take my order. It's a random worker who's name I don't know. Namjoon is probably on lunch break, or something like that. "Two glazed donuts with sugar, please," I say while smiling at the worker. He gives me a polite smile in return and grabs two donuts from the display. He hands them over to me and enters something on the cash desk. He looks up at me, that polite smile plastered on his face. "That will be 8000 won, please."

After I paid him, I go back to our table. Taehyung is looking at me with a grumpy face, but the moment he spots the donuts in my hands, his face brightens up within a second. How can he be my partner in crime? He's so soft, getting all happy over a donut.

"Stop sulking already," I say as I hand him the donut. "You look ugly when you do that."

He looks up at me. His trademark smirk is back. "You and I both know that's not true."

I roll my eyes and take a bite of my donut, ignoring his comment. He's always like that. So full of himself. I mean, he is handsome. I can't deny that. I bet he would've been insanely popular among the girls, if he wasn't such a troublemaker. Okay, there are some girls who still swoon over him as he walks past them, despite his reputation. He likes to remind me of that, like it's some kind of proof that he's handsome. I always reply that I am immune to his face because I know his true nature. And it's true. I never had a crush on him and I never will.

Taehyung knows what I'm thinking. He always knows what I'm thinking when our conversation goes like this. He knows that I find him handsome and he also knows that I'm immune to his handsomeness. But he always tries to convince me, to make me rethink what I just thought. Always using his smile to provoke me. This time is no different. He rakes his hand through his hair while giving me a cute smile. Then he blows me a little kiss. I'll just admit it. The first times he did this, the aegyo made my heart flutter at least a bit. But now I'm used to it and he also knows that. It's just some kind of inside joke.

"Just eat your donut, pabo," I sigh. He gives me a playful pout before taking a bite off his donut. Here he goes. Bad boy at school, off campus a complete goofball. I lightly shake my head and take out my phone. "Yah, Taehyung," I say. "Finish your donut and grab your coffee, I have to go."

My parents just texted me. They both have an important business meeting tonight, so dinner's early. They always want me to eat with them and I just obey them. To be honest, I don't want my father to stop paying school to keep me there. I kinda enjoy how my life is right now and I don't want to miss that. So I might as well please my father a little by showing up for dinner every time, right?

Taehyung frowns at me. "Well that's random," he says. "Why?"

"My parents have to go somewhere tonight so dinner's early." I roll my eyes. I don't like it, since I'm genuinely enjoying my goofy coffee time with Tae. But whatever, we can skip class another time and then continue where we stop today. I mean, I don't have a reason to attend next algebra class to why not? "I'm sorry," I add. "Let's reschedule this for the next algebra class."

Taehyung grins and gives a quick nod. "Let's." He stuffs the final piece of donut into his mouth and then follows me to the entrance. I wave at Namjoon, who's working his shift again, before exiting the coffeeshop. Taehyung delicately ignores him.

"Really can't stand a joke, huh?" I tease him as we walk in the direction of our homes. Fortunately, we live rather close to each other so the walk to school is never boring.

Taehyung huffs again. "I like jokes. Except for this one." He glares at me. "I don't want others to think that I would date someone like you."

If it was anyone else, I would've been insulted and would probably punch that person in the face. Now I just snort, trying to hold back my laughter. "The feeling is mutual, Tae." I pick up the pace, not wanting to be late. That donut was nice, but I'm still rather hungry. Taehyung keeps walking behind me. I can tell that he's glaring at me without even looking at him. What a weird friendship we have.

After a while, Taehyung walks up to me and starts walking next to me again. He has a little smile on his face. He's probably thinking the same thing, about our weird friendship.

As we reach my house, he walks me to the front door, as usual. I gesture him to leave, also as usual. My parents don't like Taehyung. They think he's a bad influence, that I'm like this because of him. Same goes for his parents. They don't like me, because they think I'm a bad influence and I'm the reason Tae is like this. We both have no idea who's the bad influence for who, but we don't care. It's simple as that.

"See you tomorrow, Tae," I smile as I grab my keys from my pocket. Taehyung smiles back and walks away, hands in his pocket. I watch him for a moment, before unlocking the door and entering the house. "Appa, eomma, I'm home!" I yell as I take of my shoes. I make my way to the kitchen, finally getting the food I craved for.

•••

You know that aegyo I was talking about? I kinda imagine it like this. Don't die please, I did. I still die if I see this GIF. Thank me later.

Bye :3 (this gif is huge if you're using wattpad on your computer lol)