Chapter 34

It’s dark as I walk through the courtyard. I know my chances to find Jungkook here are rather small but I still went here, just to check. Drunk students are everywhere, probably to get some fresh air. Or they just come here to make out as if their lives depend on it. Students are scattered here and there, some of them literally licking each others faces. If I wasn’t so worried, I would’ve laughed at them.

But not now. It’s rather cold outside when you’re wearing a short skirt like this one so as soon as I find out that Jungkook isn’t here, I quickly head back into the main building. Even in the dark hallways are students. I don’t have to tell you what they are doing, I guess? I move in the opposite direction of the cafeteria, away from the partying students. I quickly make my way through the locker hall towards the entrance and then I’m once more greeted by the cold night air.

With every step that I take without seeing Jungkook, I’m getting more and more worried. I quickly scan the campus for any sign of Jungkook but he’s nowhere to be seen. I take a deep breath to calm my nerves before I start walking again, continuing my search for Jungkook. Taehyung mentioned something about Jungkook being scared. Maybe it was just his stupid drunk self blurting out nonsense but it still got me worried.

I don’t even know if Jungkook is still at school. Maybe he went home. But I’m sure his dad would kill him if he saw Jungkook in his nearly drunk state. My hand automatically moves to my tight, reaching for my pocket to grab my cellphone. But then I realize that I don’t have it with me and I curse under my breath. Stupid skirts without pockets. Now I have two options; going back to the cafeteria and search for the boys, hoping that I can use on of their phones to call Jungkook. Or I continue my search without calling him. After pondering my options for a moment, I go for the latter.

My feet are dragging all over the campus while I’m frantically looking for any trace of Jungkook. I’m not even paying attention to where I’m going. Would he really just disappear without letting me know? I honestly don’t think he would. What if he’s still inside the cafeteria and Taehyung’s just spouting nonsense? No, if Jungkook was really scared, I’m sure he went outside.

But then again, scared of what?

I nervously continue my search around the school building. I shiver from the cold the entire time. The hoodie somewhat helps but I have nothing to cover my bare legs and I greatly regret that I didn’t brought my stockings with me.

The music is still clearly audible from the cafeteria and I hear the loud music being changed to one of the many national pop groups. I vaguely recognize the song to be Boyz with Fun. A good party song indeed, but unfortunately I’m not exactly in the mood. Not until I find Jungkook and know that he’s okay, at least.

I start to feel more and more miserable as I keep walking. I run into countless of students but Jungkook isn’t among them. Part of me feels like just giving up and enjoy the rest of the party. But I know I can’t. How can I possible enjoy the party as I’m worried about Jungkook? Maybe I’m really just wasting my time and he’s just at home, safe and sound. And then I’m stressing out for nothing.

Yeah. maybe I should head back inside. Just a few beers and I would forget about Jungkook.

But I can’t. Even thinking about that hurts.

With a new determination, I look around once more, looking for that familiar black and red striped sweater of his. I don’t want to have fun while he’s out there somewhere, feeling miserable. I swore to myself that I would make him happy and I’m not going to fail.

And then, as I walk around one of the many corners of the weird shaped building, I finally spot a lone figure, huddled on a bench near the cafeteria. Relief flowing over me, I pick up my pace and almost run towards him. “Jungkook,” I softly call out to him as I reach him.