Chapter 24

"So what about the dinner you kind of promised me?" Jungkook asks after a while, a small smile still on his lips.

"Dinner?" I repeat as I raise my eyebrow. "That was just an excuse because I didn't want to tell anybody about our kiss."

"Too bad," Jungkook sighs. "Dinner would've been nice." He gives me a suggestive look and I sigh. I don't feel like I can say no to his sweet bunny smile. Not after...this. So I nod. "Fine, let's go for dinner."

Jungkook finally lets go of my shoulders and we make our way down the stairs to reach the main floor. It's a good thing we don't run into any janitors. We both leave a trail of wet footsteps and small trails of water as we walk through the now empty hallways. If we get caught like this they will most likely kill us or send us into detention and I'm sure that will be Jungkook's first detention. I don't want him to end up like that. I don't want his good reputation to be ruined over something so stupid like this.

It has already stopped raining as we leave the school building. It looks like the rain only started to bother us on the rooftop, or so it seems. Small rays of sunlight peek through the grey rain clouds and Jungkook sighs. "Couldn't we go to the rooftop ten minutes later?" he asks as he looks up at the sky. I roll my eyes in response. "It was your idea, pabo."

I'm ready to walk towards Namjoon's coffeeshop out of habit but Jungkook lightly grabs my arm to pull me in a different direction. "I know a nice place," he states as he starts to drag me behind him again. I quickly pull my arm back, implying that I can walk by myself and that I will follow him anyways.

After a short walk, we enter the busier part of the city. More cars are driving around and people are crossing the streets with stressed out looks on their faces. Small amounts of neon advertisements begin to appear and logos of small companies are everywhere. It's still not as busy as the center of Seoul, though.

To my surprise, Jungkook gestures me to follow him into a small restaurant. This place is all too familiar for me, since I used to come here a lot when I was younger. My parents really loved this place to they went for dinner here a lot. "This place is good," Jungkook says as I'm looking around and I nod. "I know," I reply.

The place didn't change, not even the slightest bit. The interior is simple and delicate while the food is amazing and the deserts are over the top, which is probably why this place is so popular and still in the running after all those years. The restaurant is dimly lit by flower shaped light bulbs, creating a warm and cozy atmosphere that forms a huge contrast with the grey world outside. I immediately decide that I still like this place, even though I completely forgot about its existence over the years. I'm glad Jungkook took me here.

We take a seat in a cozy corner of the restaurant and a waiter immediately rushes to our table, a friendly smile on her face. She hands us two menus and then leaves to give us some time to pick a meal. I silently look at the menu but my eyes keep wandering to the candle in the center of table, next to a few flowers. The way this place is furnished almost makes this dinner feel... romantic, like a date? That kiss is really getting to my head. I keep myself from looking at Jungkook. The butterflies in my stomach would probably freak out if I'd do that.

I faintly remember something about ordering Kimchi fried rice when I came here with my parents so I decide to go with that today as well. Jungkook settles on a luxury version of Ramyeon. I quickly text my mom that I'm with Jungkook before it's too late. I decided not to call her on purpose since she would probably freak out again since she really likes it when I'm with Jungkook. What if I tell her that we kissed? Even though it meant nothing, she would probably pass out from happiness.

"I don't like those female waiters with their fake smiles," Jungkook mutters as the same girl from before heads to a nearby table where two boys from our school are seated, a huge smile plastered on her face. I give him a curious look, not knowing where this is coming from. "They only smile like that when there are boys included."