Chapter 31

I can't possibly hold still as I wait with Taehyung in front of Namjoon's coffeeshop. The same goes for Taehyung, who is like one huge ball of energy ever since he waited for me in front of my house. We were both basically flying on our way here and now we're both impatiently wiggling our legs as we wait for the others to arrive.

School was over after first period, to give the school staff and students time to prepare for the night. The school cafeteria will be changed into a big dancefloor. Many spotlights will be placed here and there to support the music with blinding lights and the speakers that are normally used to spread the scruffy voice of our principal though the school are now being used to provide the partying students with loud music. It's probably decorated with all kinds of stuff too. Cheap stuff, but it works.

Long story short, it's something to be excited about and really, I can't wait. I can't wait to see Stray Kids live and to be honest, I can't wait to see the others. I mean, Taehyung's looks are already mind blowing, with his now purple hair. And I have to be honest, Tae looks stunning in black.

"Suga!" Taehyung exclaims as he jumps from the wall we were sitting on. "You're here!"

Yoongi frowns as he hesitantly greets Taehyung back. "Of course I'm here, why do you always doubt me?"

"He doesn't doubt anyone," I quickly say as I slap Tae's shoulder. "He's just like... an overexcited puppy." And indeed, Taehyung's eyes are glimmering with excitement as one of our friends has arrived. Oh shit, he'll probably freak out once Jungkook and Jimin arrive. "Nice headband, by the way," I add as I point to Yoongi's forehead. Yoongi lightly touches it as he thanks me with a small smile.

And then, Jimin and Jungkook arrive. And indeed, Taehyung is basically bouncing around as I try to give them a proper greeting. But as soon as see Jungkook, my mouth just stops working for a second, along with my brain and everything else.

With a sigh, Jungkook opens his coat and now I'm only more speechless than I was before. His dark brown hair looks awesome in the way he styled it, a small gap between his bangs that shows his forehead. His black and red sweater full of holes, along with his ripped jeans, emphasize that perfect bad boy vibe that he already seems to give off. And then I notice the thin line of eyeliner, neatly applied.

For a moment, I can't think properly and I'm probably gawking like an idiot.

"Damn it, Jungkook," Taehyung says, whistling through his teeth. "You really rock that outfit."

I quickly avert my gaze before I end up drooling and I look over at Jimin and Yoongi, who are complementing each others outfits with bright smiles plastered on their faces. I watch how Jimin lightly touches Yoongi's headband, telling him that it looks good on him. Yoongi ducks away, but his smile only grows wider as he says something in return. It's the cutest thing I've seen lately.

Well, except for Jungkook, of course. I just admit it.

I find myself looking back at him, whether I want to or not. My body works on his own and doesn't give me a choice. The only thing is, this time he's looking back at me and my heart basically skips a few beats under his gaze. His eyes always mesmerize me in one way or another, but the eyeliner makes the effect even stronger. There's only one way to describe it. He looks hot.

His eyes linger over me, inspecting me from head to toe and back. I'm rendered motionless under his strong gaze until his eyes meet mine again. For a moment, it's like we're the only ones here.

But then Taehyung gives me a friendly reminder of their presence by punching my shoulders. I shake my head, waking up from my trance as I give him a bewildered look. "W-What?" I blurt out. Taehyung leans in closer with a small smirk on his lips. "Kookie's looking good tonight, huh?" he whispers, hard enough for me to hear it but too soft to be heard by anyone else. Or at least I hope so. My face flushes red by Taehyung's word and he just laughs before playfully nudging my arm. "It's time to go," he speaks louder now. "There's a party waiting for us." And with that, he bounces off, too energetic to stand still any longer.