Championships (pt. 1)

3:00 PM

The group including Peridot arrive at the indoor gym where the Championship game is taking place. Peridot go off to the benches while the rest take their seats in the audience where they can clearly see the full court. There are BARELY any audience since it's an hour before the actual game starts. Meanwhile in the girls locker room...

Lapis, BP, YP, Pearl, Amethyst, and a bunch of other cheerleaders sit, changing into the cheerleading uniform. Lapis look at BP with a deathstare. BP notices then looks at Lapis.

"What?" BP asks confused. Lapis just keeps on continuing the stare.

"If this is about Peridot, it seems like she's happier with me." BP says turning her head. Everyone in the locker room gives "oohs" while Lapis clenches her fist angrily. Lapis throws a punch at BP to the back of her head, Pearl catches the punch then looks at Lapis.

"PEARL! LET ME GET AT THIS GIRL WHO STOLE MY GIRLFRIEND!" Lapis tries to push through Pearl. BP stumbles back in fear, Amethyst stands in front of BP to protect her.

"Lapis, calm down. The DEagles wont succeed without their co-captain. Do you want to discourage Peridot and embarrass her in front of the whole audience? AT the Championship?" Pearl says reminding Lapis. Lapis holds back then lets go. Lapis gives one last dirty stare at BP then changes. BP slightly frightened, changes into her uniform while shaking.

At the benches, Peridot, Bismuth, Kyan, Barren, Dan, DP, etc... warm up at the opposite half of the court. Everyone in the audience amazed at the DEagles warm ups, it must be something new. Instead of Peridot doing lay-ups, she's practicing three-pointers, all of which she seems to make. Bismuth is practicing dunks and stunts that require no touching the ball at all until she jumps at the hoop, the ball is passed to Bismuth and voila. Kyan is practicing ankle breaking shots, Barren is doing lay-ups with DP as they run up to the basket at extreme speed, and DP is passing the ball to Bismuth for her dunks. The rest of the team rests on the benches, switching every five minutes to fill in the six spots. The other six teammates are; Ivory or Ivor (male), Larimar or Lari (female), Zircon (male), Pyrite or Pie (male), Orthoclase or Ortho/O (male), and Topaz (female).

[Jerseys (last name, number) – Peridot: Greene/11 Bismuth: Advin/07 Kyan: Chadley/00 Barren: Danite/13 Dan: Whit/55 DP: Whit/42 Ivor: Faverine/12 Lari: Marie/08 Zircon: Bleu/30 Pie: Denis/37 Ortho: Gemm/46 Topaz: Roudi/20]

Some of the audience are alarmed by the sudden changes in the Gem Diversity group's appearances. Noticing Peridot's left eye, and all of them have ears and a tail. The six group currently out switches in with Group 2. Group 1 sits and rests on the benches.

"Which team are we going against?" Barren asks. Bismuth gives him a look, "seriously?" Bismuth then looks at the rest of Group 1, they also seemed to didn't get the memo. Bismuth sighs deeply.

"The Purple Ravens. The best team under us or next to us...? They're undefeated, but only have one defeat. We beat them, they were our first game, remember?" Bismuth replies. Everyone nods, understanding. Bismuth looks over at Peridot who's leaning backwards squeezing her water bottle.

"Try not to get emotional on stage, alright? I know what happened between you and-" Bismuth says.

"Okay! Just please don't remind me!" Peridot quickly replies.

"Good. MVP can't be distracted, if we win this, we get the lifetime opportunities to scholarships we could never afford!" Bismuth nods. Group 1 nods at Peridot.

"Pressure?" Kyan asks Peridot.

"A lot. Building up each minute closer to the game. The final game." Peridot replies. The guys comfort Peridot as she slowly starts to shake.

4:00 PM

The gym is packed, almost equivalent to the amount of audience on an actual NBA Championships game. The audience has their popcorn, corndogs, soda, food to basically get them prepared for the game. The Championships teams opposing eachother can't have their coaches coach for them. It's also basically a team working game, if the team fails to work together, they'll do badly in the game.

The lights turn off, then the spotlights wander around the gym. The male announcer picks up the microphone then speaks through.

"Ladies and gentlemen... Welcome to the Championship game of the year!" The audience cheers.

"Tonight! We have The Purple Ravens from Feire High!" The Purple Ravens come out of their side of the gym through two doors. In total, they also have twelve players. 8 male and 4 female. Their jersey's and shorts colors are lilac and dark purple (The Purple Ravens are the away team). As they come out through the doors, the crowd goes wild, the Purple Ravens are known to have quite a lot of fans.

"Now... Coming in... From Deane High, the 9 time winning Championship team... Please welcome... The DEagles!!!" The crowd goes even wilder as Peridot enters the court, followed by Bismuth, Kyan, Barren, Dan, etc... The DEagles jerseys and shorts are white, gold brown, and light blue.

"From The DEagles, we have the Most Valuable Player of the year... Peridot Greene!" Peridot waves to the audience. The teams sit on their benches.

Then the DEagles' Cheerleaders appear on the basketball court. They do an outstanding performance that keeps the DEagles pumped up. Before the cheerleaders leave and move out of the way, BP blows a kiss to Peridot which made her fluster. Lapis looks at BP then scoffs, she then looks at Peridot then gives her a smile and a thumbs up mouthing, "you can do this!" Peridot smiles back, she takes off her visor since she already put contacts on. As she takes off the visor, the Purple Ravens are shocked to see Peridot's scar and grey eye.

The two male referees go on the court. The teams talk about their strategy and plays, etc... The DEagles sent out Peridot as point guard, Dan as shooting guard, Barren as small forward, DP as power forward, and Topaz as center. The Purple Ravens sent out all their tallest players out with one female recognized by Peridot.

"N-no... It can't be... Sphene?"

The game begins.

-----

A/N:

Yay it begins. The Hunger Games. (The work starting on the sequel has begun! Who knows when the first chapter is going to update...)

Bai!

-UnknownUser

-----