Talent Show (pt. 1)

2 Weeks Later

Wednesday

12:00 PM

Lunch time. Peridot exits her class with Lapis to the lunch area. They both meet up with Sapphire, Ruby, Garnet, Bismuth, Amethyst, Pearl, and Steven. As they sit down on a table, a guy comes over behind Lapis. Light purple hair with blue tips, very light blue eyes, 5,9 tall, pale skin, and skinny frame but slightly muscular. Lapis looks up.

"Oh hey, Tanzan!" Lapis seems to be excited and blushed at the presence of him.

"Wanna come by my table?" he asks. His full name is Tanzanite Dreamond. One of the coolest and hottest guys in Deane High School. Senior. Lapis' head perks up.

"Y-yeah! S-sure!" Lapis stutters as "Tanzan" grabs her hand. Tanzan then looks at Peridot. He rudely bows down like Peridot was a queen then leaves with Lapis on hand to his table. Peridot angrily squeezes her water bottle which causes it to mildly explode as her werewolf ears and tail pops out. On the table, everyone shields themselves from the raining water.

"Ha, Tanzanite stealing your girl?" Bismuth asks while taking a bite out of a banana.

"Oh, Bismuth... It's really a thing where Lapis just hangs out with her friends that seems like she's just having fun with them in a touchy way..." Peridot says calmly which surprises everyone. Bismuth raises her eyebrow.

"WHICH IS SHE'S BASICALLY CHEATING ON ME! WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?!" Peridot then freaks out on Bismuth. Bismuth lowers her eyebrow.

"That's what I thought." Bismuth says leaning back once again and taking a bite out of her banana. Amethyst, Ruby, and Steven burst laughing.

"Oh, Peri... You're too much." Amethyst says wiping a fake tear.

"ONLY LAZULI MAY CALL ME THAT! BUT, OH! SHE'S NOT HERE! AND IS WITH ANOTHER CLOD WHO CAN BASICALLY BE HER NEXT BOYFRIEND! SO, I GUESS IT'S FINE!" Peridot says shrugging with eyes widen. Everyone laughs at the table this time. Kyan, Barren, DP, and Dan arrive at Peridot's table with their werewolf ears and tails out.

"Yo, Peri-D." DP says high-fiving Peridot.

"What's up?" Bismuth asks while Peridot seems to act like she has an epileptic seizure. The four boys look at her with confused looks.

"She alright?" Dan asks. Bismuth looks over at Peridot.

"Yeah." Bismuth replies taking another bite out of the banana.

"What you need?"

"There's the talent show later, we need Peri-D to prep." Kyan says. Barren nods. Peridot then walks towards the four guys to the auditorium while looking down.

"Think she's okay?" Pearl asks.

"Don't know. But, Peridot's performance will definitely turn on some lesbians from the LGBT club." Ruby replies.

"Ruby!" Sapphire says elbowing Ruby. Everyone chuckles.

"Well, we'll just wait and see." Sapphire says.  

1:30 PM

Students sit in rows on the floor of the auditorium, crisscrossed. Peridot's performance is the last to finish it off. Tanzan and Lapis were sitting next to each other, literally. The announcer, a small male junior comes on stage with a paper and microphone in hand. He looks at the paper then looks at the audience.

"Alright, up next we have... The Gem Diversity!" the audience claps, curiously and eagerly.

The junior moves out of the way as the curtains open up to greet the audience to four boys looking like they've been shut down and dressed like cyborgs or robots. From left to right it's; Kyan, Barren, DP, and then Dan. Peridot is nowhere to be seen. The song starts. A screen shows a factory with humans working in it, packaging something that passes through a moving belt. Like lifeless objects. They all had little mics on their shirts.

As the song starts with a more futuristic beat, the boys start being hammered on the back like robots BY robots. Peridot then is shown to the audience on a pedestal with the spotlight on her. She's wearing a formal suit with a serious face with a little mic on top of her tie. The pedestal is between the four boys separating two on each side. Peridot walks down to the left then starts with Kyan. She looks in front of him. She starts to sing in a robotic voice given to her as she speaks through the microphone.

Work it

Then moves to Barren.
Make it

Moves to DP.
Do it

Then to Dan.
Make us

She reaches the end of the line then moonwalks back to Kyan. The crowd goes wild at how smooth Peridot is. The boys continue to act like they're being hammered at the back.

Harder

Takes a step towards Barren.
Better

Then to DP.
Faster

Then to Dan.
Stronger

She stands in front of the four. Then looks at the gap what separates Barren and DP. She looks at Kyan.

More than

Then looks at Barren.
Hour

To DP.
Our

Then at Dan.
Never

Peridot then does the same once again.

Ever
After
Work is
Over

Peridot stands on the pedestal and stands frozen on a formal pose. Like she has been stopped by time. She repeats the words again in the dark as the spotlight switches to the four boys.

Work it
Make it
Do it
Make us

Harder
Better
Faster
Stronger

The beat fades, the boys start "malfunctioning" as the hammering stop then Kyan perks his head up while standing. As they continue dancing, once the "Harder Better Faster Stronger" song ends, the lights go out for a little bit. 

(I wish I could add more about the dance, but it seems like too much of the description would bore you. So, I put that out of the way, you're welcome.) 

The audience claps and cheers as the dancing was perfect. Lapis was the loudest cheer of the whole audience. She supported Peridot. As Tanzan notices, he gets irritated and jealous.

-----

A/N:

The talent show isn't over... Keep asking questions for the Q&A! Have a great day!

Bai!

-UnknownUser

-----