Just The Way You Are

Lapis' POV

12:00 PM

Oh gosh, she's coming! Do I look good? I look in the mirror, I look okay...

"Lapis! Get ready for Prince Charming!" I heard my mom yell from downstairs.

"COMING!" I yell as I run downstairs. I'm wearing a blue and white crop top shirt, blue jean short shorts, black and white converse, and some sunglasses.

Third Person POV

Peridot presses the doorbell then backs up when she's not on the stairs to the doorway with the roses behind her back, Dan, DP, Barren, and Kyan hide behind the bushes in front of Lapis' house. Peridot manually presses a button on the visor which covers her eyes, but from the inside, she could still see.

"Wait on my signal." Peridot quickly says, before a girl, shorter than Lapis about 5,3, has lighter blue bob hair, fair skin, and lighter blue eyes opens the door. Peridot looks at her.

"Oh, you're Peridot Greene? Our mom has told us so much about you." the girl says in a british accent or some type of accent. Peridot turns red then nervously scratches the back of her head on her right hand with a nervous smile.

"Has she?" Peridot says.

"Yep. You actually look more muscular and pleasing up close than Lapis described." Peridot gulps then turns even redder.

"Aquamarine. Has my sister talk about me to you at all?" Aquamarine holds out her right hand. Peridot takes her right hand and shakes Aquamarine's hand.

"No. No mention of a sister." Peridot replies.

"She's probably worried I'd steal you from her... Makes sense." Aquamarine says shrugging. Peridot nods nervously.

"Hold on one second." Aquamarine holds out her index finger then turns her head towards the inside of the house.

"HEY LAPISSS!-" Aquamarine enlongs her 's' sound.

"YOU'RE GIRLFRIEND IS HERE!" Aquamarine yells. Lapis then jumps the stairs, lands, and runs to the doorway. Peridot was looking another way while waiting for Lapis. Lapis leans on the doorway looking down at Peridot. Peridot then looks back at the doorway and slightly jumps at the sight of her, Peridot continues to hide the bouquet of flowers behind her back.

"I'll leave you two lovers!" Aquamarine waves her hand while walking in.

"AQUAMARINE! LA-PISS OFF!" Lapis yells as Aquamarine giggles then disappears. Peridot looks at Lapis and blushes at the amount of skin Lapis is showing. Lapis then closes the door behind her, still on the steps.

"So, where are we-"

"Hold on Lapis..." Peridot says, backing up to get off the steps. She then snaps her fingers. Lapis looks around, confused until...  

Ahh~

The four boys behind the bushes start humming and harmonizing until one of them carefully and does an amazing beat box. They then pop their heads out of the bushes and smile while humming. Peridot then starts singing.

Oh, her eyes, her eyes make the stars look like they're not shinin'
Her hair, her hair falls perfectly without her trying
She's so beautiful and I tell her everyday
Yeah, I know, I know when I compliment her she won't believe me
And it's so, it's so sad to think that she don't see what I see
But every time she asks me "Do I look okay?"
I say

Lapis blushes as Peridot holds out her free hand like a gentleman to help her down the little stairs.

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change 'cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are
Yeah

Peridot and Lapis walk towards the car as the four guys already jump in on the front seats with Kyan driving. They are wearing their normal casual attire, the guys continue doing the acapella instrumental as Peridot and Lapis go on the back seats.

Her lips, her lips, I could kiss them all day if she'd let me
Her laugh, her laugh she hates but I think it's so sexy
She's so beautiful, and I tell her everyday

Peridot smiles as the wind flows through Lapis' hair.

Oh you know, you know, you know I'd never ask you to change
If perfect's what you're searching for then just stay the same
So don't even bother asking if you look okay, you know I'll say

Peridot then stands up carefully on the seat looking down at Lapis.

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause, girl, you're amazing
Just the way you are

The way you are
The way you are
Girl, you're amazing
Just the way you are

The guys then hums it downhill with their voices. They jump out of the car quickly as it parks on the beach parking lot.

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause, girl, you're amazing
Just the way you are

Yeah!

Peridot then brings out the bouquet of eleven flowers to Lapis and holds out a mirror.

"If you stood in front of a mirror and help up 11 roses, you would see 12 of the most beautiful things in the world. Only if you could see through my eyes, you would look even more beautiful, or am I just fantasizing?" Peridot says in a suave way. Lapis blushes deeply then punches Peridot on the shoulder.

"Peri, what's the point of all that-"

"Will you go to prom with me?" Peridot says confidently. Lapis laughs then snorts.

"Alright, Peri. I'll go to prom with you." Lapis says smiling. Peridot then fist bumps the air in celebration, the four guys pop out clapping.

-----

A/N:

GO PERI!!! Hai guys, long time no see... In this book... Okay, I'll go now.

Bai.

-UnknownUser

-----