Championships (pt. 2)

5:43 PM

The final quarter being played through the game, with the same group still out for the DEagles, the Purple Ravens take out the ball. With the score being at 104 (DEagles) to 104 (Purple Ravens). Peridot switches out with Zircon taking her spot. As Peridot takes a seat at the benches, she starts to shake tremendously. She hides her shaking hands under her small towel, hoping no one would notice. Then she shakes even more to the point, she can't even control her body. She gets up then walks towards Bismuth, she falls on Bismuth, still shaking. She's having extreme anxiety. Lapis notices in the audience, she comes down to check on Peridot. Bismuth tries to keep Peridot concious. Lapis stands beside Peridot as she sits, shaking. The audience gasps over Peridot.

"Peri! Peri! Stay with me..." Lapis says trying to keep Peridot concious. The medics come around the court, then take Peridot. Lapis comes with. The game continues. Meanwhile in the little hospital-like room outside the gym...

Peridot stays unconcious on the bed. Lapis sitting beside her, holding Peridot's hand, worrying. Bismuth shakes her head.

"What are we going to do now..." 

5:50 PM

The game buzzer with ten seconds left. 132 to 134, with the Purple Ravens ahead by two points. Topaz passes the ball in to Zircon. Zircon drives into the key, then suddenly and quickly passes it to DP. Bismuth nods at DP then runs towards the basket, DP fakes out a player on the opposing team, then passes to Bismuth as she jumps in the air then... EEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTT! The buzzer turns off as Bismuth slam dunks the final two points to send the DEagles and the Purple Ravens into overtime. Peridot is still in the room trying to recover and wake.

Overtime starts, the DEagles are extremely exhausted. While on the other hand, the Purple Ravens are not even breathing heavily. It seems to be noticed by the DEagles and the first aid in the background. It's odd and suspicious. The DEagles send out their best players for the remaining six minutes of the game. The air is tense around the DEagles, their hearts pumping nervously with anxiety.

The game starts with jumpball. The DEagles grabs the ball, takes it up to the basket, but oh, wait! The DEagles pass the ball to one of their own, then... A lay-up? Oh! The Purple Ravens stole, they run up to make the lay-up... It scores! The DEagles take out the ball with four minutes left of the game... Who will win?

5:56 PM

Overtime ends. The crowd swarms to the court.

"THE NEW CHAMPIONS OF THE YEAR! THE PURPLE RAVENS!!!" The officials bring the trophy to the Purple Ravens.

The DEagles, lifeless. If they just would've won, they could've always been what they wanted to be. Their dreams, crushed right before their eyes. The DEagles head to the medic room where Peridot has finally regained her consciousness. Peridot wakes up and jumps, she opens her eyes to see her teammates, the cheerleaders, and... Lapis. They don't seem very light-hearted, Peridot notices.

"So, when am I going to go back in game? Wait... Did the game end?" Peridot asks. Bismuth nods sadly.

"What's happening? Come on guys, please don't joke around..." Peridot says. Everyone looks down and frowns. Lapis seems to get the message then frowns as well. Peridot notices then finally realizes.

"W-We..." She looks up at everyone then looks down, fists clenched.

"We lost." 

----

A/N:

Sorry if the uploads are late, I got pretty bad jet lag from my recent trip. 

Bai.

-UnknownUser

-----