Back To School

Monday

7:00 AM

Peridot's alarm buzzes, she slams the alarm snooze button hard which makes Lapis jump startled at the other side of the bed. Over the weekend, Peridot and Lapis just have been chatting normally, gaming, watching some shows ever since that awkward night. Peridot gets up to get ready in the bathroom as Lapis does the same in the bedroom. They both are ready then start to grab their things, ready to leave for school.

8:00 AM

Peridot walks to school wearing a black hoodie with a green alien on it, dark blue jean pants, black and white Nikes, a black bandana and green tinted glasses. Lapis walks with Peridot in a black and white striped crop top, blue short shorts, and grey blue outlined converse shoes bringing her cheerleader uniform.

They arrive when suddenly a crowd of students clear their way in front of Lapis and Peridot. They began to spread rumors and whispers have been heard throughout the whole entire school. Though, the teachers don't even seem to give a damn about it. Peridot and Lapis chat until they made their way to their lockers which are surprisingly next to each other.

"Lapis, mind if I ask you a question?" Peridot asks while they both walk to their class.

"Sure! Ask away." Lapis says.

"Are you just hanging out with me because you want to gain popularity?" Lapis then looks at Peridot shocked at such a question. They've became so close after days and yet Peridot asks a question like this.

"N-no! Of course not!" Lapis says seriously. They both stop in front of their class waiting.

"Why did you ask that?"

"I-I just feel insecure when I get someone this close to me... I feel like they're going to do something that might permanently hurt me..." Peridot says on the verge of tears.

"I-I know it's a stupid question to ask... You probably think of me as a weirdo, I get it..." Peridot says covering her face sitting down against the lockers on the wall. Lapis squats down to look at Peridot from her level.

"Oh Peri... I would never do such a thing to you..." Lapis says wiping tears escaping the dryness of the bandana. She's so fragile...

"Thank you... Lapis..." Peridot hugs Lapis as she hugs back.

"You're the closest person I have... I really don't want to lose you..." Peridot says burying her face in Lapis' shoulder.

"Me neither..." Lapis says comforting Peridot. They both get up and start to chat normally again.

"Yo! Pterodactyl! How's it going?" Amethyst suddenly shows up putting her arm around Peridot's neck.

"NO MORE ABS!" Peridot suddenly says as the girls laugh at her.

"Chill Peri-" Amethyst says. The hell you just call her? Lapis thinks angrily.

"We've seen the jock's abs, figured it would be enough." Amethyst says shrugging.

"I don't think it was enough." One of the cheerleaders quietly says biting her lip looking at me. She had lighter blue long hair that would cover both of her eyes, fair skin, skinny and looked like Pearl basically. Another was all yellow and looks like Pearl as well. Peridot's face is 101% red at this point, flustered.

"A-anyways! I got to go to my class..." Peridot says covering her face while walking away. The girls giggle.

"See you later cutie!" The yellow Pearl lookalike says. Lapis follows after Peridot who seems to be rushing to the class.