Part 02

Who is Connor? Why was he shot so many times and dumped? Why can't he remember anything?

You have to admit, sleeping while knowing someone is in the room with you is both strange and soothing. However, when you awake, you see that you are the only person in the room.

"Connor..?" You croak sleepily as you sit up and rub the sleep from your eyes looking over at the empty dock in the corner of your room.

You push the covers off you and stumble out of bed lazily. You stretch, yawn and then walk out of your bedroom. As you walk down the stairs you are greeted by the familiar smell of toast/eggs and bacon. You walk into the kitchen and see Connor putting a plate on the counter with your breakfast on it.

"Good morning Y/N. I made you breakfast." Connor says as he opens the fridge and pulls out a jug of orange juice then pours you a glass.

"Oh, Connor that's so sweet. Thank you." You smile as you walk over to the counter and pick up your plate. Connor hands you the glass of orange juice.

"So do you remember anything yet?" You ask as you lean on the counter and start eating your food.

"Unfortunately no. But I am determined to try and regain my memory." Connor explains. "I belive it is possible since my memory does contain information, however it is corrupted and I cannot access it."

"That's weird..." You say. "Has anyone accessed your memory?"

Connor blinks blankly.

"Oh yeah, you can't remember." You say, slightly embarrassed at the stupid question. You take a sip of your juice.

"What is the plan for today?" Connor asks.

You think for a minute. "Well, Oskar will probably come around later with his dog so we can walk him together."

"Oskar?" Connor asks, tilting his head curiously as if he's a puppy. Your heart fizzles a little bit as he does this.

"He's my best friend." You shrug.

"I like dogs," Connor says dreamily. "What's his dog's name?"

"Felix." You tell him with a smile, happy that he, like you, has an interest in animals. "He's a big Japanese Akita. Very friendly and fluffy."

When you finish your breakfast you take a look at Connor and see that his shirt is still filled with holes and stained with blood.

"We should probably get you a new shirt..." You tell Connor.

"Yes, that'd probably be a good idea." Connor chuckles. "What exactly happened to me Y/N?"

You pucker your lips in thought. "I'm not sure..." You say honestly. "But I found you in a river bank. You were very wounded. You'd been shot and when I rebooted you, it was as if your memory had been wiped. Like I completely reset you."

Connor puckered his lips too, mirroring your thinking habits. "I must have been very damaged. Perhaps I went into flight mode and automatically reset my program. But I would've uploaded my memory I'm sure..."

"Flight mode?" You ask. You can imagine Connor with wings, soarimg through the air like an eagle and the vision makes you smirk.

"It's a fight or flight response when flight takes over as opposed to fight," Connor explains.

"Ah..." You say. That makes more sense than android wings.

Then there's a knock at the door. 

"Oskar's here."