Part 11

Y'all!!! Just to let you know, *kisses* I love you!!!

---

You then realize you have no place to stay until then. Hank seemingly reads your mind.

"You two can crash here until then."

You open your eyes sleepily. The room has that typical cheap motel smell of sweat and off-brand bleach. Right now, you just want to get home.

As you sit up, tiredly rubbing your eyes, you look around your surroundings. Hank is on the floor with a thin blanket to keep himself warm and Sumo is laid on his feet, still snoring. Connor is looking out the window at the city outside, watching as trains leave the station just opposite the road. You stretch and yawn involuntarily, catching the attention of Connor. He turns and smiles sweetly at you. Your back aches from the firm mattress and your head hurts. 

"How did you sleep Y/N?" He asks.

You yawn again. "Terribly. I think even Hank would've probably gotten a better sleep than me." You sigh and stretch your back. It cracks.

Sumo then stirs and lazily grumbles at all the noise. This then wakes Hank. He snorts and mumbles something tiredly before opening his eyes and looking up at you as you peer over the edge of your bed to look at him.

"Morning Hank." You say.

"Good morning lieutenant. Did you sleep well?" Connor says as he sits on the edge of my bed. 

Hank grumbles. "I slept like a baby."

Hank moves his legs and Sumo lazily gets up and walks over to the bowl of dog food he has on the floor so Hank can wake up and actually use his feet.

You push the coves off you and swing your legs off the bed before standing up. You're wearing one of Hanks shirts since you didn't bring any clean clothes. The shirt smells funny and has a yellow stain on the front (presumably beer) but it'll do.

You walk over to the small dresser in the corner of the room and pick up your clothes (well, your jeans and a clean shirt Hank has let you use) before walking into the tiny bathroom and closing the creaky wooden door. You get dressed quickly but it doesn't make you feel any cleaner. It feels dirty wearing the same underwear as the day before but what else could you do? You tell yourself that the first thing you're going to do when you get home is change your undergarments right after getting a nice clean shower.

You look at yourself in the dirty smudged mirror and sigh. You undoubtedly look like trash. But there's nothing you can do. You have no hairbrush, no makeup, no paper bag to throw over your face. You look around the bathroom, desperately searching for something that could help you look a little less like a hot mess and more like a mild mess.

On the windowsill, high up, you see something hanging off. You stand on your tiptoes and reach up to pull it down. You hold it in your hands. It's a beanie. A black beanie with a red cross on the front. You look down at the beanie and then back at yourself in the mirror. You decide to put the beanie on to distract from your messy hair/put it back where you found it and then walk out of the bathroom. Hank and Connor look at you. Hank is now dressed and ready to go.

You cross your arms and sigh. "I feel like ugly trash." You say mardily.

"Why? You're not trash Y/N, you're beautiful." Connor says, honestly confused.

You blush and don't know how to respond. Hank coughs awkwardly. "Shall we uh... Shall we go?" Hank says. "Come on Sumo."

Hank pulls a small suitcase behind him as you all walk through the lobby and out of the motel.

The whole city has a different vibe now. The sky is light and there are people everywhere. The city sounds are all about and you can smell the scent of cheap hotdogs and gas from cars. This is your first time visiting Memphis and you wish that you could stay a little longer and explore. But alas no.

The three of you (and Sumo) board the train and sit down. You sit next to Connor and Hank sits opposite him. Sumo curls up on the seat next to Hank and Hank pets him. 

"So... Y/N... What else do you know about Patrick?" Hank asks you curiously, trying to make conversation to make the situation a little less awkward.

"Well, I don't know much about him per say. I know more about his son." You say truthfully. "Though Patrick is a little secretive he's never really done anything bad to me. Apart from, you know, shooting at Connor and me."

Hank ponders for a minute. "Okay, then what's his son like?"

"He's the nicest person I know." You shrug honestly. "He's very tall and could look a little scary but he's too sweet to do anything bad."

Connor's LED flashes yellow for a moment.

"So Patrick has a wife, huh? Or doesn't the boy have a mother?" Hank asks.

You feel a little bombarded by questions. Questions that aren't even about your family. Questions that aren't really yours to answer. But nevertheless, you try to help. "Oskar's mom/mum died during childbirth." You say. "He's had stepmothers in the past but Patrick's been single for over a year now."

"Poor bastard..." Hank says sadly as he looks down at the sleeping dog and pets it.

You get out your phone and as if it was timed, a notification comes through.

It's from Oskar. But you don't feel like talking. So you rest your head on Connor and allow yourself to be swallowed up by your thoughts.