Part 19

A/N:
This one's just a really short filler chapter thing

---

"Yeah." Hank looks back at you and smiles a sweet genuine smile. "Yeah I will."

The next day you don't wake up until midday because of the late night and eventful evening. You stand in the middle of the kitchen, thinking about what you have to do today.

You could finish painting the hallway? You could do some spring cleaning? Anything productive?

You're too lazy for that.

You think about what you have to do tomorrow. What day is it tomorrow? Friday. Connor's taking you out.

"Oh wow." You say out loud to your empty, almost echoey kitchen. You don't have anything to wear. You don't even know where you're going.

What should you wear? Something fancy? Something casual? It's probably better to wear something fancy and end up doing something casual than wearing something like jeans and a hoodie to an expensive high nose resturaunt right? But a fancy outfit isn't something you can afford right now. Maybe you could go for something in the middle?

You pop a slice of toast in the toaster and wait for it to toast, thinking about all the possibilities for tomorrow.

A buzz sounds from the kitchen side and you walk over to see your phone has a notification.

Unknown number:
Ur gonna regret shutting me out

It's probably one of Sid's classic empty threats. But have his threats ever been empty before? No. No they haven't. He might be a mean man but he's a mean man of his word.

Nevertheless, you ignore the message and decide to simply get on with your day.

The silver toaster gleams in the sun as the crispy bread inside pops up with that classic 'tsst' sound a toaster makes. Outside it's raining gently through the sun, a faint rainbow is just outside your kitchen window. The clear, bright blue of the sky is a direct contrast to the grey, thick rainclouds making the sky almost look fake.

After eating your toast, you rinse off your plate and put it on the draining board at the side of the sink. Then, you decide to head out to town to get something new to wear.

You grab your purse, throw on a pair of white/black torn jeans and a jumper with a lemon/strawberry on the front. You grab your umbrella and then head out. The rain isn't too bad but you would still like to avoid getting rained on.

There are people walking, people on bikes and cars driving by as you make your way into town. Androids are walking pushchairs, carrying shopping bags and looking after children.

As you walk up into town, you see a family of two men both holding hands with a small child android. They're all laughing as the men swing the little girl forward and her feet leave the floor for a few seconds before she lands back down. You smile and then look back forward. Then you see another person you haven't seen in a while.

"Y/N? Oh my god!" She recognises you first.

A head of reddish brown hair bounds towards you and a pair of green eyes sparkle in the rain and sun. Ruby. Ruby frickin' Dawson. Oskar's ex.

She jogs towards you and swings her arms around you. You're speechless for a second.

"Ruby! Hi!" You squeak.

"What brings you out here?" She asks in her almost mesmerising Latvian accent. Her accent is heavy though she speaks English better than most English speaking natives.

"I um... I'm going clothes shopping." You explain. Ruby's happiness, beauty, intelligence and energy was always slightly intimidating to you but you didn't dislike her at all. You're always slightly shy in front of her.

"Ooh what's the occasion?"

"Uhm..." You feel your cheeks turn pink.

Ruby gasps. "Do you have a date?"

"What? No! I-It's not a date I just... He's taking me out to be friendly." You say feeling your cheeks burn brighter.

"Where's he taking you? Resturaunt? Ice skating?" Ruby asks with a mischeivious grin.

"I don't actually know." You answer with slight embarrassment.

"Ooh a secret huh? Well how about I help pick something out for you to wear?" Ruby offers.

"Oh no I think I'll be okay thanks." You laugh with a smile.

"Okay that's not a problem, I'll see you around yeah?" Ruby smiles.

"Sure yeah." You smile "Bye Ruby."