Part 25

A/N:
I wrote some of this (the first like...600 words I think?) when it was like 3 AM and I was bored so it might be kinda weird idk but I'm gonna keep it coz #YOLO. (Feel free to shoot me for saying that)

---

But you decide that you'll make it. So you begin to walk home.

"Sumo why is this world so cruel?"

Sumo responds with a confused noise somewhere in between a whine and a growl as he tilts his head to the side.

You're laid on your back in the middle of the kitchen so you're lower than him and he looks much more powerful. You turn your head to face the pooch and blink slowly. "Oh, you don't care, do you? Not a care in the world."

Sumo whines and puts his paw lightly on your stomach as if to say "I don't understand you miss hooman but I'm still here."

You place one of your hands over his paw as if to respond with "Thanks pooch. I appreciate that you care."

Blinking slowly again, you look deep into Sumo's chocolate eyes. "Have you ever been in love?"

For a split second, you could've sworn that the dog took a breath as if he was ready to answer but that moment was cut short by a familiar object. An object which has cut you off time and time before. Your phone. Hooray. Always on time.

It's ringing. Displayed on the screen is "BFF 🙃". Everyone's favorite tall boi Oskar.

"Yo Oskar I totally wasn't just laid on my kitchen floor talking to my crushes dog about how unfair life is."

It's silent on the other end of the phone for a minute.

"Same," Oskar says finally.

"So what's up O man?" You say.

"O man?" Oskar responds with a chuckle.

"You know. Your name begins with O? You're a man? It works." You shrug.

You hear a small laugh. "No don't ever call me O man or I will cry."

"Noted." You nod, even though he can't see you.

"So something odd happened," Oskar says. His voice now has a sort of... Strange colour.

"Explain." You say, leaning on your kitchen counter.

"So you know Sid right?"

"Yes."

"You know he and my dad are chums right?"

"Please don't say, chums, it reminds me of plankton. And yes."

"Well, I've been stuck with the job of looking after his little brother while he goes to 'get something ready for a friend'. Dad went out somewhere too so it's just me and him in the house."

You don't really get what Oskar is trying to say. "Okay... And what?" You say, trying to get him to elaborate.

"Remember that kid that fell off his bike yesterday at the skatepark?" Oskar says.

Now you can make out a sound in the background. "I did it! I finally killed the fucker!" It sounds like a boy about 12 or 13 years old followed by a lot of video game-like sound effects.

"Yeah vaguely..." You answer. You're finally deciding to catch on.

"Well, it turns out little Robbie is Sid's baby brother. And I'm babysitting him."

You're both silent for a moment.

"I'm coming over." You say, then hang up the call, not giving him chance to protest.

You grab your keys, grab your Sumo and then head out of the door. Just as you begin to walk an idea pops into your head spontaneously.

Maybe you should head to the bakery and pick something up for Oskar and Robbie?

You turn on your heels and begin walking straight ahead rather than left so you get to the bakery much faster than usual.

The familiar smell and the sight yadda yadda yadda mmm bakery yummy.

Eva pops up from behind the counter and smiles at you. "Hi...Hi...Um... I don't know your name." She laughs awkwardly. You now realise that you haven't told Eva your name, yet you know hers.

"It's Y/N." You smile. 

"Got it." Eva smiles brightly. "So what can I do for you today?" 

"I wanna get something for Oskar and the boy he's looking after, I'm going to his house now." You explain. "Problem is, I have no idea what to get."

"Ah. I know exactly what to do." She says as she bends down and then pulls out a box. "I came up with this idea a few days ago. It's a sort of selection box."

Eva opens up the box and you see that it has been separated into four sections. In one section, there are three cookies of different flavours: Plain chocolate chip, Chocolate and double chocolate. In another section, there is a cake big enough to give about three or four people a small slice. In another, there are three brownies and in the last section, there is a handful of chocolates.

"Are you interested?" Eva asks.

"Uhm... Sure!" You smile.

You take the money out of your pocket and hand it over to Eva who gives you the box. 

"Thanks, Eva, see you around." You say just as you turn to leave and hear the till open with a 'cha-ching'. 

"Wait-" Eva says, stopping you in your tracks. You turn to face her. "I gave my number to Oskar but he hasn't been in contact with me... Is everything okay or is he just not interested in me?"

You think for a moment. "It's... a long story. But I think if you two got to know each other a little better you'd make an awesome couple, or maybe even just friends." You smile. "But it's important not to rush into anything Yano."

"Of course." Eva smiles. "Could you get him to message me? Or call?" She asks, looking down at the floor, blushing.

"Sure." You say with a smile. "Do you want my number? Or my Facebook/Snapchat?" 

"Okay yeah sure." She smiles.

You both exchange contacts and Eva tosses Sumo a treat before you both turn to leave once again.