Chapter 5: Disadvantages

(Violet's POV)

                   When I get down to breakfast, I can already smell the bacon and waffles

                   When I get down to breakfast, I can already smell the bacon and waffles. I hope for a fruit smoothie, my usual breakfast. I wonder if its going to be blackberry or blueberry. I love strawberries but Pepper is allergic so Tony rarely keeps it in the house. I can see at the kitchen bar table, the team is already there. They all eat their breakfast and drink their coffee. Thor is munching on four toaster strudels and several pieces of bacon to notice anything around him. Quietly, I sneak up behind him and grab a piece of bacon. I pop it into my mouth, hurrying away as he tries to grab me
                    "Violet, you look very beautiful today." Thor says with a smile, damn those blue eyes of his.
                    "Yeah, you look like you just walked out of that cheerleading movie. What's it called?" Clint says confused, "Bring It On, or something like that?"
                   "Yes, you're right Clint." I open the fridge to see my blueberry smoothie.
                   "You know, the more of those you didn't, the fatter you get." Natasha teases.
                   "Hmm, not after I work out with Steve." I say sassily, smiling.
                   Natasha and Clint exchange a glance. An evil look in her green eyes.
                   "I thought you already had your morning workout—" She says slyly, I glare at Clint "at 7 o'clock this morning."
                    Bruce gives me a look. "Why would you work out at 7 in the—oh."
                   The mad scientist nods his head, looking back down at the newspaper. Steve glares at Natasha and Clint, knowing how childish they can be. I stick my tongue out at Natasha, she gives me a death glare.
                    "This girl loves kissing the devil doesn't she?" Steve and I give her an offended look.
                    "Are you insinuating that I'm the devil, Romanoff?" Steve says with slanted eyes, pursed lips.
                    "No I don't!" I say at the same time Steve talks.
                    "You love sticking your tongue out like a spoiled brat, which is what you are," I roll my eyes at her, she's so mean sometimes "and there's a superstition in Russia—or France, I'm not sure. But it says that if you stick your tongue out, you are kissing the devil."
                  "Well, thank god we're not in Russia or France, huh boys—?" I say sarcastically, looking Natasha up and down, "—and you too."
                  Before Natasha takes a sip of her coffee, she shakes her head at me. "Don't be that bitch at 8 o'clock in the morning."
                   "Hey!" Steve sighs, "Leave Autumn alone."
                   "I would, but she keeps sticking that tongue out." I start towards her but a voice echoes through the room, making me stop.
                    "Oh, please! It's 8 o'clock in the damn morning and there's already a fight going on? Can't we just save this little party until a real fight comes?" Tony walks in, dressed in a nice suit.
                    "Daddy!" I exclaim, rushing over to him for a hug.
                   "Via!" He hugs me tightly.
                   "And I thought Steve was Daddy." Natasha smirks into her coffee cup.
                   I whip around at her, my finger pointed at her. "Romanoff, I swear to god—"
                     "You know what Romanoff?" Steve gets cocky.

 "Romanoff, I swear to god—"                     "You know what Romanoff?" Steve gets cocky

                   Tony sighs, patting my back. He walks on over to the coffee pot and makes himself a cup of coffee. Pepper walks in after Tony, dressed in a beautiful striped jumpsuit. She's always so beautiful. She smiles at me as she walks up.
                   "Your Professor, Doctor Griffith, called to inform us to wear comfortable shoes tomorrow. You are all going to the Museum of Science and Art." I give her a look.
                   "Dr. Griffith never calls." I say suspiciously.
                   "Well, he does now." Pepper chuckles, we walk over to the kitchen counter. "Ever since he found out who your father was, he has."
                    I sigh sadly. "That doesn't surprise me."
                    "What does that mean?" Tony says slightly offended.
                    I walk around to wear Steve sits, I wrap my arms around his torso and lay my head on his shoulder.
                     "It's kind of hard to be normal when your dad is a billionaire genius and he works with a group of superheroes." I explain.
                     "And that's bad?" Clint looks between the group.
                     "No, but it has its disadvantages." I say annoyed, trying to not say what's really on my mind. "Let's just leave it at that, okay?"
                      "Via, do you realize that I'm a success and one day you'll follow in my footsteps?" Tony snorts, crossing his arms. "What's the downside to that?"
                    The words fly out of my mouth before I can stop them. "People ask me all kinds of personal questions about you and how luxurious you live. No one's really ever concerned about me or my life, just you."
                    The room has gone quiet. I can feel Steve's fast heartbeat through his undershirt and button-up plaid top. Tony is hard to read, staring at me either annoyed or sympathetic. I can't tell. Awkwardly, I clear my throat.
                     "It's not all bad, but like I said—" I let go of Steve, —"it has its disadvantages."
                      I turn and walk to the elevator. I feel like I've shown my ass to everyone and I don't like it. Quickly, I get inside the elevator and push the 4th floor, where the gym is at. I'm embarrassed. I shouldn't have said that. I shouldn't of said anything, just kept my mouth shut. But I didn't.