Chapter 18: In Reality You Shouldn't

(Violet's POV)

                             Tony takes a seat in the chair next to the hospital bed

                             "Via," he says sternly.
                             "Dad," I mimic him.
                             "Take a seat." He motions towards the side of the hospital bed.
                             I do as I'm told, taking a seat across from him. I feel as if I'm in one of his business meetings. It's creepy and weird and adult like. Gross. Tony's not in his usual suit and tie with nice shoes. He's in his sweats, odd.
"So, what did I do now?" I say curiously.
"Via, I got your voicemail." Tony says almost angrily.
"Did you now?" I say in a sarcastic manner, slanting my eyes at him. "And here I thought maybe your phone wasn't working."
"Violet," Tony says agitated, he never calls me by my real name. "I want you to know that I heard everything you said and you're wrong."
I give him a confused look. "About?"
"Via, I'm never going to stop caring about you just because you said something that may or may not of hurt my feelings. And I apologize if I had made you feel that way. And sweetheart—" Tony puts his hands on the sides of my face, "you are worth saving. I could have lost my only child and if I can save you, that means the world to me. No science or superhero jobs attached."
                            "Thanks, Dad." I smile, "I was really scared."
                            "I know, but you're safe now." Tony lets me go, sitting up straighter.
                            "Dad, why didn't you pick up? I called you several times." I say annoyed, "Several."
                             "I was—" I cut Tony off.
                             "—busy. Like everyone else on this damn planet." I roll my eyes, leaning back. "Can we recover Stark Tower?"
                             "It's being rebuilt as we speak. You're room will be restored to something a little bigger," Tony nods "though you don't really need it."
                              "But don't I though?" I cock my head to the side, smiling. "Are my clothes okay? Did any of it get stolen?"
                              "No, but your hoodie that you had on before was ruined—along with your jeans and t-shirt underneath. But other than that your clothes are just fine." Tony shrugs, smiling at me. "You know, you're not like most girls kid."
                          "Is that so?" I say with a smile, "How did you come up with that?"
                          "Your closet is nearly empty and you're not afraid of a fight." Tony smirks, "I saw that video of you kicking that bastards ass at Stark Tower. I'm impressed."
                         "You should be, I had a great teacher." I pull my legs to my chest, wrapping my arms around them.
                          Tony smiles, jerking his head to the side. "Who's your teacher? Is he a handsome genius billionaire?"
                          "More like a World War I super solider with a great ass." I bite my lip smiling at the thought of Steve's ass. Damn I wish he was here.
                          Tony rolls his eyes, groaning. He leans back in the chair, shaking his head at me and my words. I giggle as he gives me an annoyed father look. I mimic his expression, making him chuckle.
                           "You're okay kid, your mother would have been proud." Tony says warmly, "Pissed I didn't take better care of you, but proud you managed to defend yourself."
                           "Yeah, that guy really freaked me the hell out."
                          "There's something different about you," Tony stares at me with slanted, curious eyes. "I don't know what it is but you're different than what I saw two days ago."
                           I shrug. "I feel different too, I think one of the nurses gave me too much of that laughing gas. It's impossible that I'm up and walking—taking a shower by myself after 5 hours of surgery on a bullet wound near my heart? Something doesn't sound right to me."
                          "You shouldn't be doing this good—I'm glad you are, of course, but in reality you shouldn't."