Chapter 15: Fighting For Her Life

(Violet's POV)

                             Suddenly the long gets disconnected

                             Suddenly the long gets disconnected. Odd. A squeaking metal sound makes me jump. Tony? I walk over to the sound, my heart racing. Suddenly, a figure steps out of the dark.
                              "Jarvis! Record the lobby right now!" I scream, hoping that this is Tony pulling a joke on me. "Send it from start to live to Agent Romanoff and Mr. Stark!"
                               The figure comes closer, a scarred up face appearing first. I scream loudly, covering my mouth as my eyes go wide. A man steps out, he smiles at me. His teeth are blood stained and his knuckles have been chewed off.
                                "Hey there, little girl."
                                 "Get away from me! I have help on the way, you beat up old bastard!" I growl at the man.
                      "Daddy can't save you, little girl. No one else is in the city besides me and you." He smiles wickedly, "Now, let me see what's in your bag."
                     I narrow my eyes at him. "Go to hell, you barbarian!"
                     The man lunges towards me, I dodge him. I suddenly think back to what Steve had taught me. The self defense moves. We only practiced a few times. Hopefully they help me today.
                     I shout as I jab and cross, grabbing his shoulders as I knee him in the balls. The man growls at me, lunging towards me. He groans at what I did manage to hit, his shoulder. The man's eyes go wide with lunacy! The knives pop out. He grabs me by the bicep and thigh, slinging me against the wall. He walks over and picks me up by the back of my neck, throwing me onto the floor. I quickly get up, throwing uppercut punches into his rib cage. He grabs my bicep and I elbow him hard before palming him hard in the chin. He holds his face as he stumbles back.
I rush out of the building, gripping onto my backpack. I make it out of the building and partly down the street before I hear gunshots go off. I duck into an alleyway as bullets fly past me. I run through the alleyway maze, trying to escape. I manage to get out. Stepping onto a street that leads down to Times Square. A bullet flies past my ear—Ahh! A stinging pain tears through my skin and into my shoulder. I collapse against an abandoned car. I grip the car handle, feeling the sting of the bullet wound. I let out loud groans of pain. Damn it! I rush down to street to Times Square, holding my injured shoulder. Tears fall from my eyes.
"Give it up, little girl! No one here to save you!" He laughs as he chases after me. "I just wanna see your stuff!"
I save my energy and rush to the center of Times Square. God, I can barely take the pain. It hurts so badly, it's near my heart. My body forces me to stop, making me collapse onto the ground. I try to get up but I can't, my body has give out. I focus on my breathing, how shallow it is. I can hear the man walking up to me.
"Hey pretty pretty pretty girl—" The man says eerily, "Got any money in there, young thang?"
I wince in pain, my body forcing me my fate. Tears stream down my face the man kicks me in the face, missing my feet.
"You wanna hurt me? You wanna—" The man kicks me in the stomach, making me groan in pain "be a hero! You are no hero! Do you hear me bitch! You ain't worth the shit you stole!"
Everything begins to go black. I gasp for air as blood begin to trick down my nose. My limps go weak, my mind going into the darkest part of my mind. I am useless against him, especially now. The man kicks me on the stomach one more time. I love you, Steve. I'm sorry Tony, I wish I had been better for and to you. Before I slip into unconsciousness, I hear a voice. Not the bad man's voice. Not my voice. A familiar voice, one I have longed to hear for a while now. Tony.