Let the Games Begin!

*Katniss's POV*

We all stand around a large pile of crap we gathered. This is the starting 'Cornucopia' for our games. The pile includes pills of different assortments, clothing, blankets, matches, keys to doors, some dull butter knives and other silverware, mirrors, dolls, one or two syringes, and some things that I don't even know how to describe. We had set it up to the point where the pills and other things we aren't supposed to have sat in the middle and simple things like clothes and blankets are strewn about the edge of the pile.

It seemed word of our Mental Games had gotten around, as at least ten other people stood around our 'Cornucopia' with us. There was a blond muscular boy, who I think said his name was Cato, a small-ish girl with dark hair named Clove, and a older man with dark hair and glasses named Beetee, just to name a couple. A surprising amount of people came. A mid-aged man named Boggs was hosting it, meaning he would keep track of who was in and out. He was also the one to count down the seconds until the games started. He started counting backwards from sixty. I saw Peeta grin from across the 'Cornucopia', I grinned back.

"3........2.............." Boggs shouted, the countdown coming to an end. "..................1!"

Half the people ran to the 'Cornucopia' and grabbed the various goodies. I ran down one of the hallways, hoping to find something just as good in one of the various rooms I found. I quickly ran into a nurse’s station, which seemed deserted. I rummaged around in the drawers looking for anything, and I found a bottle of spirits and a key ring. I quickly tucked away the keys in my pocket and ran from the room.

As I was running down the halls again a nurse turned the corner, almost running into me. "Ms.Everdeen! Slow down!" She scolded. "Now what are you doing?"

"Um," I stumbled, unsure of what I was supposed to tell the nurses. "Just.... Going to bed. Goodnight!" I quickly brushed passed her and walked into the nearest room.

I sighed, and looked around the room. I was in a bedroom, just a soft yellow bed, a oak side table, dresser, and desk. "Katniss?" I heard a voice hiss from behind the bed. I cautiously walked around to see Rue huddled behind the bed.

"Oh, hey Rue," I said. "What are you doing back here?"

"Hiding," Rue explained. "It's very easy to trigger my schizophrenia."

"Well, I won't try." I assured her. She grinned and nodded.

"What do you have again?" Rue asked as I sat down next to her.

"Depression," I answered.

"How do you trigger that?" Rue asked.

I shrugged. "I don't even know what would happen if someone did trigger it."

As I said this the sound of the door opening made us fall silent. Light poured through the open door, a large shadow cutting through the light. Footsteps echoed off the walls, getting louder as the person came closer. I sighed as I saw who it was.

"Cinna." I sighed, he smiled at me.

"Hi Katniss, hey Rue." He said softly, smiling down at us. "What are you doing?"

"Hiding." Rue said. Cinna smirked.

"Nobody'll hurt you, Rue." Cinna assured her.

"They might not need to," Rue said. "My schizophrenia triggers real easy."

I shrugged. "You'll be fine."

"Since we're all playing nice, does that mean we're allies?" Cinna asked. Rue smiled big.

"Sure." I agreed. I held my hand out, and Cinna laid his hand on top. Rue looked at us for a moment, confused. Then she seemed to realize what we were doing and laid her hand on the stack.

"Allies!" Cinna exclaimed, popping his hand up. The rest of our hands followed. We sat there for a moment, unsure of what to do next.

"What now?" Rue asked.

 "Well," We all looked up to see who had said that. Cato towered above us, a lighter in hand. Cinna's eyes grew wide. "You can start by going pyromaniac on this place." He sneered.

"Cato! No!" Rue shouted, pouncing towards the huge blond guy. But she was to late, Cinna had the lighter, and his grin was way too big. He looked up at me, insanity swimming in his eyes.

"Katniss," He said, utter glee in his voice. "I think you'd look fabulous in flames."

A/N: Duh DUH DUUUUH!

If you have a minute then vote plz :D