Confrontation

You woke up earlier than usual because of what Jungkook had told you. You couldn't sleep because you thought about when that conversation had taken place. The only time you can think of is when Jungkook came to pick you up five days before his concert since you lost that staring competition.

You woke up and saw Jungkook still sleeping on the sofa. You couldn't help but stare at his beautiful features. Deep down you know that he deserves so much more than what you can give him. You wanted to give him the world. You thought you could, that's why you stayed close and was always there for him. As the years go by and even after all that conversation with Jungkook... you knew that you can never give him what he deserves.

***

"I didn't know what happened that night... you should have told me."

That was the first thing you said when Jungkook woke up. You made him coffee while you stood far from him again. It doesn't feel right to be so close to him.

Jungkook gave you a sad smile, "Do you think it will change anything?"

"If you had told me, things would be different," you said, your tone shaking. Things would be different. Jungkook wouldn't have to live with that kind of burden on him. It was like your mother left you in his care, which was so wrong. You could take care of yourself. Even if he doesn't feel that way about you...

He shook his head, "You know it won't."

"It doesn't change the fact that you should have told me!" you raised your voice.

Silence.

Jungkook broke the silence and said in a firm voice, "We can't be together no matter what," his eyes softened after he said that. "That's what I told myself."