Chapter 6-Train!

{photo by ikimaru}

The days passed, and before he knew it, Lance was leaving for good.

His bedroom was stripped of all his favorite posters. He took all his band posters and his posters from his favorite T.V show— The Cosmic Protectors—and packed them away, everything he owned went into a suitcase. One suitcase was full of his clothes, one was full of his posters and knickknacks, and one bag was just a big big big big big bag of his beauty products.

On Monday morning, Lance was ready to go, standing in his living room with all three suitcases. He wondered if he was bringing a little too much. His Abuelita smiled happily, hugging Lance to death. "Now you use that face timey to call us when you have the time, mi nieto." She smiled, straightening his cardigan and tilting his chin up.

"Here, Mi nieto. Take this to remember us." She said, taking the bracelet off her wrist. Papa gasped. "No no no, Mama, it's okay, you don't have to give away Papa's gift." He said, referring to his father. He bit his lip, trying to stop his mother.

Abuelita always wore a beautiful sapphire bracelet. It was a gift that Abuelo bought her back when they met in Cuba. He gave it to her when he confessed his love. The bracelet apparently went down through generations of Abuelo's family, and it was older than Abuelita. Lance blushed hard.

"Now when you meet a nice young man or lady you give them that bracelet. Lord knows who you'll meet when you're traveling the world, mi nieto." She chuckled, strapping the bracelet around Lance's wrist.

He gazed at the glittering jewels, pink.

"Now you keep that nice and safe. Put it in your special jewelery box and keep it locked up tight. You absolutely cannot lose that bracelet, mi nieto." She said sternly.

"It's older than your Papa and I combined."

Lance nodded his head, smiling. He would definitely put this away once he got situated on the train.

"Thank you, Abuelita." He smiled, hugging her and gently kissing his grandmothers cheeks. He hugged his Mama, his Papa, his brothers and sister, his Auntie and cousins.

Even little Maria, who couldn't even remember who Lance was.

A car horn beeped outside, and Lance began tugging his luggage outside. Hunk was there waiting for him. "Here dude, lemme get it. No sweat." He smiled, picking up two of Lance's heavy suitcases on his shoulders. Lance admired how strong he was.

The two buddies loaded his luggage into the back and closed up the trunk, high fiving. Lance's bracelet glittered in the sun.

"Woah dude. That bracelet is wicked cool." He said, smiling. It was so pretty and looked delicate, but it sure as hell was durable.

Lance smiled bright. "I know right? My Abuelita gave it to me. It's an heirloom." He said, opening up the doors to Shiro's car.

"Hey Lance! Welcome aboard. You ready to go?" He said.

Lance looked out the door, seeing his large family there. Keith turned away.

What's his deal?

Lance shrugged and got out again, hugging his family in one big group, saying goodbye over and over before finally running back to the car and jumping in.

"Now I am."

Shiro smiled at him from his drivers seat. "Then lets roll."

And they did.