Chapter 10-makeup

{photo by evil-usagi}

The show went on, act after act, until finally it was over. Lance was tired as all hell. That last surprise round was excruciating. Too tired to care about his appearance, or runny makeup from sweat, Lance pulled his poncho and hat back on, and trudged outside to the car, climbing in as paparazzi flashed their cameras at him. Lance sat in the nearest seat, panting and still tired.

Everyone was tired, to be honest. Allura fell asleep in her chair, and Pidge was fanning herself with her hat. Her fingers stung from balancing the plates, and it did not feel good.

Keith was curled up in his seat, on his phone yet again. Lance scoffed. What could possibly be so important that Keith just HAD to be on that thing all the time? Lance was a social media addict, no doubt, but Keith was just too much. Too much.

Lance yawned and curled up in his seat, letting his eyes close as they head back to the hotel, ready to spend a warm night someplace that WASN'T a train. The clacking got annoying.

Lance curled up in his seat, watching the lights of the city fade in and out. In and out.

Asleep

~

The car stopped, and Keith noticed that Lance hadn't moved at all. Hunk and Pidge were already up in the elevators, and Shiro was leading Allura back inside. The chauffeur in the front seat nodded at him. "Cmon, kid. I got another ride." He said. "Just pick him up."

Keith blushed, pocketing his phone and going to the other side of the car, scooping Lance up into his arms and shutting the door, thanking the chauffeur for driving them.

Lance nestled into Keith's chest, making soft sounds in his sleep. Keith blushed, his heart beginning to beat faster and faster and faster the longer he stood there with Lance in his arms. He furrowed his brows and carried the boy inside, going into the elevator.

He was surprised the bright lights hadn't woken Lance. He must've been very tired for him not to wake up for so long.

Keith carried him up into the room and laid him down in his bed, digging through his purse and finding a pocket container of makeup wipes.

Gently, Keith took off his makeup, sighing as Lance hummed in his sleep, sitting next to him as he removed the sparkly glitter from his eyelids. He made sure not to press too hard, knowing that Lance would wake up.

He looked very pretty with his makeup off. All natural. His sunkissed skin wasn't layered with foundation, and Keith could see his delicate, deep chocolate brown eyelashes up close. Lance's lips were soft and plump. They were a nice light brown, pinkish color, and looked unscathed. Like Lance had never once chewed on them.

His skins was spotless, not a pimple in sight, which was impressive considering he used fairly oily foundation for his skin. Keith opened up a package. A throwaway paper face mask. Delicately, he placed it on Lance's face, knowing he would be upset in the morning if his skin routine went off the rails.

Keith sat there while he waited the right amount of time, admiring Lance from a safe distance. His phone buzzed and vibrated in his pocket, but he payed no mind. He simply let his violet eyes glaze over the attractive Cuban boy, watching him as he peacefully slumbered.

After ten minutes, Keith removed the disposable face mask and tossed it in the garbage, getting a cleansing pad and wiping Lance's face one more time, taking his poncho and accessories, hanging them over the side of the spinny chair.

Keith sighed. Now here comes the difficult part, the clothes.

Keith saw a zipper, so he pulled on it, the zipper running all the way up Lance's leg. Luckily, under his Leotard, he was wearing a pair of short shorts and a skintight tank top. Keith breathed out shakily, taking his leotard and tossing it over the edge of the chair. He gently pulled the cool covers up over Lance, and dimmed the lights down, watching him naturally curl up under the duvet.

Keith began his nightly routine before sliding into bed and falling asleep himself.

In the darkness of the night, Lance smiled to himself.

He was really good at faking

~

The next morning, Keith and Lance were awoken by a knock at the door, which Keith begrudgingly opened. Shiro stood there with Allura, smiling his chipper dadly smile.

"You guys ready to head downstairs? The train is ready for departure." He smiled.

Keith gave him a look, a look that read "what the literal fuck do you think?" Before shutting the door, shaking Lance under the duvet.

"Wake up. We gotta go, you can sleep on the train, Lance." He said, pulling on his jacket and grabbing his phone.

"Just put on your poncho and those flats and you'll blend in. We gotta hurry down to the train station before the paparazzi get to us." He said, grabbing his backpack and heading for the door.

Lance slid on his poncho, grabbed his purse and was out the door in minutes, speedwalking with Keith down to the elevators, through to the lobby, past the connoisseurs office, and outside, going down the sidewalk and towards the train station.

Pidge waved them inside as paparazzi chased them through, and they jumped on immediately. Lance, being the diva he was, blew a kiss to the camera before the double doors shut, and the train began to move.

Everyone headed for their rooms, nobody stopping to think about breakfast or anything of the sort. They all just wanted to sleep. Nobody wakes up at 7 am anyway, unless you're a worker. If you do and you're not a worker, what. Just what.

Lance pulled off his poncho, his tanktop riding up his abdomen softly as he crashed into bed, enjoying the feel of the wonderful mattress. Within moments, he was back asleep again.

Keith watched him.

He licked his lips, listening to the train go clackety clack once more as it started down the tracks.

Keith sighed, rolling over and pulling his headphones on, watching the scenery out the window.

So here I write my lullaby to all the lonely ones

Remember as you learn to try to be the one you love

So I can take this pen and teach you how to live

What is left unsaid, the greatest gift I give

And slowly, the music began to fade away.

Clackety clack

Clackety clack

Clackety clack

~1103 words~

The lyrics up above are "Savior—Black Veil Brides"

It's an emo band I remember liking a long time ago. Fits Keith's personality.
Also ouuu I think Keithers is catching some feels

~Atha