Chapter 7-new friends

{photo by Elentori}

The day was boring. Keith didn't leave the room at all and payed no attention to Lance. Lance eventually went out and did some excercise with Shiro in the living area, and before Lance could change his clothes, it was dinner time.

The team assembled in the dining area. Pidge was tapping away on her phone, and Hunk was helping Shay serve up dinner. Lance sat himself down between Pidge and Allura, smiling.

The meal was odd. It was octopus tentacles and vegetables. He wasn't complaining, because it tasted absolutely amazing, but it was weird. He'd never had octopus before.

Keith, apparently, loved it. He scarfed all his food down, shoveling the tentacles in his mouth and swallowing fast. Lance stared at him, mouth slightly agape as Keith shoveled the seafood in his mouth.

Pidge looked up from her phone, staring at him.

"Careful, Keith, I don't think anything bigger than a dick is meant to go down your gullet, and that tentacle is bigger than anything you landed yourself with." She said sarcastically, earning a smack upside the head.

Lance giggled, taking a bite as Keith grumbled. He was just about finished with his meal, but he was eating slower and more refined now. Turns out that even some of the pros don't have table manners.

Pidge ate with her hands a lot. She also kept her phone out at the table and didn't talk much, like Keith. Allura took bites that were far too large for her mouth, but it was cute how her cheeks puffed up. Shiro seemed to have table manners, but he too would keep his elbows on the table a lot.

Lance chuckled. He was expecting them to be fancy, but really they were so comfortable they acted just like Lance's family. Sloppy and happy.

Keith shoveled the rest in his mouth and cleared his plate, putting it in the sink and running off to his room without a thank you to Hunk. Pidge did the same quickly, although she thanked her meaty friend for the meal before disappearing into her cave. Slowly, Shiro left as well, leaving Hunk, Lance, and Allura at the table.

"This meal is delicious, Hunk, where did you learn to make it?" Allura said, talking with her mouth full and smiling.

Hunk smiled proudly.

"Shay taught me how to make it. She knows so much about exotic cooking." He said, going all gooey over his girlfriend. Lance smiled. Allura spoke.

"So Lance, I noticed you wear makeup." She said, swallowing another baby octopus. Lance went pink and nodded.

"Yeah I do. A-a little." He lied. He wanted to make a good impression on this girl. She was cute.

Allura smiled.

"Would you join me for a manicure after your shower today? I've been needing someone to braid my hair for me. With your sister and cousins I'm sure you know how." She smiled. Lance nodded his head happily and went red.

"Definitely. I'll come to the living area after my shower." He said, smiling.

"What should I wear?" He asked,  taking another bite.

"Oh anything, just a robe would actually be good, if you have one." She smiled.

Lance nodded and felt a grin spread across his cheeks.

This was good.

~

After dinner had been taken care of, Lance went into his room and walked into the bathroom, feeling Keith's eyes on his back. He locked the door behind him and began his shower, washing his face and body, making sure everything was in top condition.