Chapter 18-London boy

{photo by Elentori}

Lance walked outside for a few moments, expecting to get away from all the reporters. He was blinded when he stepped outside, cameras flashing away at him. He was very very uncomfortable. He made his way through the crowd of paparazzi and clambered toward the car, yanking the door handle.

It didn't budge.

Lance began to panic, pulling on the door, yanking every which way as reporters flashed their cameras at him. The sound of camera shutters going off and the constant calling for him to show off and pose was getting to be too much.

Lance felt a strong hand on his shoulder and then the door was open. He practically threw himself inside, claiming his regular seat.

Keith came in after him. It was him who saved Lance from the awful paparazzi. Keith shook his hair out from its gel case, taking out a brush and combing it so it was fluffy and not flat again. Lance smiled softly and leaned against his chair, watching.

Keith's hand delicately brushed through his locks, bumping his hair back to the fluffy mullet it was before he slicked it back in gel.

For a split second, Lance wished that Keith would brush his hair so delicately like that. He sighed dreamily without realizing, eyes closing. Closing. Closing.

Until Lance fell asleep.

~

The next day, Lance awoke in his bed at the hotel, wearing a big baggy shirt. This was not his big baggy shirt. And this, upon inspection, was not his hotel room. He stood up, the giant yellow shirt falling down to his knees, the sleeves going past his elbows. It smelled like..Downey fabric softener and..toffee.

Lance looked around the room and saw the second bed. On it were candy and chip bag wrappers, a laptop, an iPad, three different generation iPhones, and a Bluetooth speaker. A green and orange jacket laid over the little pillow cave that was melted into the mattress. The bed he was sleeping on had obviously been very neat and tidy, considering it was flat everywhere except where Lance was sleeping.

Lance saw a teddy bear sitting on the pillows and a pair of fingerless gloves resting next to it. Ginormous fingerless gloves.

Lance was in Hunk and Pidge's room. They left enough evidence around to show it. Lance wandered around before he found a note on the desk.

Lancey pants—

Hii!!! It's Hunk and Pidge. We took you up here cause you were sleeping and we don't know your room number. And Keith was being a pouty pants and wouldn't give it to us lmao. Anyways, when you wake up, come downstairs and join us for breakfast in the concierge. You slept through the whole day!! Wowza. See you soon!!

—Hunkin donuts & Pidgeotto

Lance smiled as he read the note. It was obviously written in Hunk's handwriting, judging from its lack of swear words and the smiley faces he drew on the bottom. Lance set the note down and looked around the room for his bag. That's where his key was. He grabbed his dress and head out to the hallway, wandering the corridors until he found the elevators and stepped in, heading up to his room to change.

When Lance stepped out on his floor, he could hear something. Faint mumbling or something coming from..his...room. Upon closer inspection, he could hear that it wasn't mumbling at all!

Lance slid his keycard across the scanner and quietly opened the door. There, standing next to his bed, putting on his clothes, was Keith. His hair was soaking wet and Lance was glad he had some damn pants on.