Chapter 13-Retch

{photo by captaintimber}

Oh shit.

Keith was absolutely god awful at this stuff. When people cried, Keith became this awkward mess, and he said the wrong things and made them cry harder.

But Lance.

God, Lance..

He had to help him. He was the only one who could at this point.

Slowly, he walked up to the boy, placing his hand down on his shoulder.

"Uh..er..Lance?" He said awkwardly.

Lance looked up, his bottom lip trembling. He had just barely started to put on his makeup, and streaks of mascara ran down his pink cheeks. Keith's heart broke at the poor sight.

"Lance.." he whispered.

Gently, he placed his hand on his knee, Lance's hand falling on top of his gently.

In Keith's brain, his blood started pumping and his breathing got a little more erratic. His heart was pounding harder and harder, and he began to blush.

In Lance's brain, he was scolding himself. Don't fall for it. Don't lean on others when you need help. You're supposed to be the one to fix problems, not have others fix your problems. You're just a nobody. You shouldn't even have problems.

Lance's bottom lip trembled and Keith gazed at him. He brushed his hair out of his eyes.

"Lance.." he said, his mouth getting dry and his throat going hoarse and weird. Anxiety.

Lance broke down, leaning on Keith and holding his hand awkwardly. Keith was trying to intertwine their fingers while Lance just wanted to mitten-hold.

Slowly, Keith's hand on his shoulder turned into a one armed hug, and Lance melted into his body, crying into his shoulder and probably smearing his neck with mascara and tears.

Keith sighed and awkwardly rubbed his back.

Maybe...

"Hey, Lance..don't look so blue.." he told a little joke.

Lance laughed broken-heartedly, smiling through the tears and breaking the hug.

Then the room go quiet. Lance stopped his blubbering and looked into Keith's eyes, gazing at the violet pools. Up close, they were very pretty. A smoky deep amethyst color that popped against the reds and oranges of his outfit. They showed off his true character.

Lance felt his tanned cheeks get rosy, and he felt himself blush. Blush?! About KEITH?!

Ugh..why?

Meanwhile, Keith was attempting to not have a heart attack. He was gazing into the eyes of Lance McClain. The most beautiful, crystal eyes he had ever seen. Keith's eyes went half lidded, and slowly, his lips parted, leaning down ever so slowly.

And BAM!

Just like that, Keith hit his head against the desktop, banging his forehead against it. Lance had moved away at the last second to look in the mirror, and Keith leaned too fast to register that Lance had dodged.

Lance gasped.
"Oh holy absolute shit, are you okay? Keith?" He bit his lip as Keith raised his head, holding his forehead. He chuckled lightly.

"You're stupid." Lance giggled, his sadness melting away. Keith was postponing it.

It would come back right when he didn't need it to. It would come back.
It always came back right when things were finally getting perfect. It always did. Didn't it?