Back In Tortuga

"Jack, what exactly happened when I left you in Tortuga?" I asked, as Jack hid behind anything he could. We had hitched a ride from a passing ship, thanks to my unbelievably great charm. Coincidentally, they were heading to Tortuga. Jack hadn't been too keen by the idea of returning for some reason. Now I knew why.

"Ah, Giselle." Jack said, smiling. An obvious prostitute caked in make up marched up to him. She slapped him hard then walked away.

"I see you got friendly with the locals." I smirked, hands on my hips.

"Don't know why I deserved that." Another prostitute with red flaming hair stormed over, looking angrier than the last one.

"Who was she? And who's this?" She looked disgusted at me. Jack looked like he was going to say something before she slapped him, also walking away.

"Don't know why you deserved that either?" I questioned him.

"No, I definitely deserved that." He replied.

"Where has Mr Gibbs gone to?"

"Have no idea, luv. And I also have no idea where the rum is!" He shouted, angry. I laughed, dragging him along to a tavern close by.

       I was not fazed by the amount of fighting and noise inside. Grabbing a table, I let Jack get the drinks in. No doubt he would be a while, what with all of the desperate women wandering about. Sitting back, I felt someone watching me.

       I caught him in the act, staring right at me. His hair was curly and blonde, looking messy. His face features were impeccable; strong cheekbones and jawbone, his eyes a dazzling blue and those lips...

       I then knew that I was staring. Quickly averting my gaze, I fiddled with the hem of my shirt. This was unlike me. I would normally be confident and daring but this guy had me wrapped me right round his finger and he hadn't even talked to me. I tried to find Jack amongst the crowds but instead found my mystery man walking towards me.

"Is anyone sitting here?" He asked. I looked up, unable to make out my words. He was gorgeous and I hadn't noticed his strong physique until then.

"That depends on who's asking." Now this was my usual self.

"I'm Dorian, Dorian Seas."

"Well, Mr Seas, take a seat."

"What's a small woman like you, doing in a big place like this?"

"The best things come in small packages."

"Oh, she's clever too. What's your name?"

"Is my name that important to you?"

"I told you mine. It's only polite to tell me yours."

"Maybe I'm not the polite little girl you think I am."

"Scarlett? Scarlett?!" I heard Jack shouting. Looking around, I saw Jack holding two bottles of rum, trying to not spill them. But he was in the middle of a fight.

"Excuse me." I said as I ran over to help Jack. A group of men were surrounding Jack, making him disappear from my view. I could hear Jack shouting but it was muffled. Suddenly, Jack was lifted in the air, the bottles of rum still in his hands.

"HEY!" I shouted. The men all stopped and turned to face me."If you would be so kind as to put my friend down please."

"Stay out of this, sweet cheeks." One of the men said. I scoffed, making then look more annoyed.

"Listen, unless you want your pretty face to be hurt, I'd stay out of this."

"Let's see, there are one, two, three...Six men, and one woman. Oh, what's a poor girl to do?" I grabbed two swords from a nearby pirate and struck two of the men at the same time. They fell to the floor, writhing in pain."Anyone else?" The men left standing immediately dropped Jack and backed away from me.

"Yeah, and don't come back!" Jack shouted back. Not surprisingly, the bottles of rum were still full. As Jack handed me one, I looked back to look for Dorian. Mr Seas had disappeared.

----------------------------------

"Jack, what about Mr Gibbs? We can't just leave him?" I grabbed onto his arm, trying to stop him from going anywhere. I saw him huff, clearly annoyed by my behaviour.

"We are going going to see Mr Gibbs now! Come on, I'm almost out of rum!" he shouted, walking on."Why is the run always gone!?" Sighing, I ran after him. With no idea where we were going I had to try and prepare myself.

      We arrived at a port which only had one ship in it. This wasn't the same port we arrived in. I saw some men loading cargo onto the one ship, some of them lingering about before they were going to board. Suddenly, Mr Gibbs appeared on the ship, waving his arms around to us like a maniac. Jack smiled as he grabbed my hand and started skipping towards the ship. As I was tugged along, I tried to figure out what was exactly happening.

"Here we be, back on a ship!" Mr Gibbs explained. Jack let go off my hand, wandering aimlessly around the ship. He looked ever so pleased.

"Marvellous! I love it! My own ship until I get my old one back." He spoke to himself.

"Excuse me, but this ship is already taken." I recognised that voice. Turning around, Mr Dorian Seas, standing at the wheel of the ship."Long time no see, little woman."