Travels

"Jack, are you sure we're going the right way?" I asked.

             We had been walking for ages and everything looked the same. The surroundings around us were acres and acres of rainforest. Hot, steaming, full of bugs, sort of rainforest.

"You want me to be totally honest?" Jack asked.

"No."

"Then, yes. We are going the right way."

                  The day rolled on. I was starting to hate the colour green. I trusted Jack to get us out of here. Will on the other hand, didn't. Will had obviously never been outside of that small town he was from. He wasn't used to the dangers that could lurk around any corner.

"Jack, you are taking us the wrong way!" Will exclaimed.

"No I'm not." Jack's eyes looked all around him, unable to look us in the eye.

"Give me that!" Will snatched the map out of Jack's hand,"You liar! This isn't the way!"

"But savvy," Jack trotted over to Will,"It's a shortcut."

"Why are we taking a shortcut through here!? It's full of danger!"

"My ship, is currently setting sail towards that treasure. My ship, is supposedly owned by Barbosa. MY SHIP-"

"Jack!" I shouted.

"Sorry love. Got a bit carried away."

"Look, this shortcut may be dangerous but it's better than walking for another three days." I told Will. He groaned and stormed ahead. I shrugged to Jack and walked on.

            We had set up a camp for the night. I couldn't feel my legs after all the walking we had done. I don't know how Jack can have all of this energy, especially after drinking all of that rum.

"Jack." I whispered.

"Hm?" He kept his eyes closed.

"What will you do when we find the treasure? You made a deal with Barbosa but I'm not sure he'll keep it. Or you on the other hand."

"I have no idea."

"That's reassuring."

"Have some faith in me at least."

"That's quite hard."

"You're going to start trusting me soon, luv."