Divorce

I walked away from the sound of his voice, bumping into a desk and knocking most of the objects off of it. My shaking hand held out the dagger as I tried to think of a way out of this. He was in the dark, a shadow so I couldn't see him. Though I couldn't see him, the floorboards creaked as he slowly approached me. Despite how much I wanted to move, my legs seemed to be stuck to the floor.

"This isn't how it's supposed to end, darling." Dorian sighing, drawing out his sword. He had the upper hand on this one.

"Well don't let it end this way. Create your own ending." I said, trying to buy some time. No one knew I was in here, so no one would be there to save me.

"But I have to. Don't you understand? You are on my ship and you are my wife. You need to come with me."

"I never said yes to our marriage." Still holding the dagger, I started to step towards the door.

"Oh but you will. Otherwise someone very close to you may just, I don't know, may accidentally get thrown overboard?" Dorian shrugged. I was stuck. What the hell was I supposed to do?

       I glanced at the door then back to Dorian, before bolting towards it. He lunged after me, grabbing the back of my dress. I turned around and sliced one of his hands, creating a huge cut. He cried out in pain as he clutched onto it. I took this opportunity to run out of the door, slamming it in his face.

       Screaming as I got to the top deck, I couldn't make out any words. I had gone into shock, causing me to fall to the floor. Someone called my name in concern and everyone surrounded me. I took some deep breaths, knowing that I had to calm down. Jack was immediately at my side, helping me to sit up.

"What's wrong, Scarlett? What happened down there?" He asked.

"Dorian." I said in a shaky breath. The crew began to look at each other, wondering what this crazy woman was on about.

"Don't just stand there, get some weapons! If he is on this ship we need to find him!" Jack shouted at the crew. As the crew scurried around the deck, Jack and Mr Gibbs helped me to my feet.

"He-H-He's below deck! I was in one of the cabins and he just..." I cried as I clutched Jack's shirt in my hands. I was panicking. Dorian was after me. He wasn't going to stop until he found me. No doubt he would kill anyone in his way.

"It's alright."Jack soothed as I collapsed onto his chest. He placed his arms around me, holding me steady,"We will find him. I promise."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It had been hours since I saw Dorian. I had forced Jack to stay with me, not feeling safe anywhere. Some members if the crew had found rum instead of Dorian, almost drinking all of it. Mr Gibbs took it off of them and told them to get on with the search. Instead, he gave it to me, saying that it would calm my nerves. It would take more than a mere bottle of rum to calm me down. I didn't let Jack have to much either, protesting that it was for me.

"Scarlett, you're still shaking." Jack pointed out. In was wearing his coat, due to the breeze. I hadn't gotten changed into anything warmer,"Wait, Scarlett, what is that on your finger?" I quickly hid my hand but it was too late. He had seen the ring.

"If I don't agree to Dorian's proposal, he'll kill you." I sighed.

"But once we catch him, he'll be long gone. And after we can go sell that thing for a good price, then we can buy more rum!" I laughed at his seriousness, but the happiness didn't last long.

"Captain! We can't find Dorian anywhere! We are on our third search now." A crew member stressed.

"Do you see this woman?" Jack pointed to me. The man nodded,"Well you see, if we don't find him, then she is a goner." I made a pouty face.

"Sir, the crew are starting to wonder if this is all really necessary. She is just a woman."

"She is more than that!" Jack shouted,"She is a very dear friend of mine and that man is an animal that cannot be tamed. Even if he did take her, which he won't, he would only claim revenge on all of us for taking her in the first place. So I suggest that you shut up and follow my orders." The man nodded before running off.

"God, I haven't seen you like this ever." I said.

"I meant what I said. He won't get near you, I won't allow it!"