Chapter Three: Breakups and Bloodshed

This chapter is a little bloody (like in the chapter name) but nothing too bad. The guy in the side is Jacob.

************************************************************************************************************

When I got to the apartment, I was extremely nervous. I knew how angry he got when I was late. As soon as I knocked on the door, Jeff threw it open and pulled me in.

“WHERE THE HELL WHERE YOU?” Jeff yelled.

“I was at the mall! I told you that!” I said. I was scared. He has never hit me before, but there is always a first. All of a sudden, my phone rang. Jeff and I both looked at the screen. My heart dropped as it read “Harry <3<3<3”. Jeff turned and glared at me.

“Who is Harry?” He asked, venom dripping from his voice.

“He spilled coffee on my shoes at the mall and he and his friends bought me new ones.” I answered timidly.

“LIAR!” He screamed and slapped me across the face. My check burned and I practically felt it turn red. A tear slipped down my face.

“We are over.” I whispered scathingly. Jeff punched me in the face and my nose started bleeding.

“Good. I could do so much better than you.” He said, his voice equally as low and scornful. I left the apartment and walked down the street, crying and dripping blood.

 I walked about two blocks and found a Starbucks. As soon as I entered, the guy behind the counter rushed over and asked, “Do you need some napkins?” I nodded and tried to stop sobbing as he rushed to get napkins. He handed them to me and I wiped blood and tears off my face.

“I’m Jacob. What’s your name?” he asked.

“Isabel.” I replied, still crying.

“Well, I don’t know what happened, but you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to.” He said quietly.

“No, it’s alright. I can talk about it.” I said. I explained the whole story to him. After I was done telling the story, Jacob was looking at me with sympathy in his eyes.

“You didn’t deserve that. You know that, right?” Jacob said. I nodded weakly. He pulled my chin up. “If you ever want to talk, here’s my number.” He entered his number and name into my phone. I smiled and stood up.

“Thank you for your help Jacob.” I said. I hugged him and went towards the door.

“No problem. Remember, you can call or come here anytime.” Jacob replied. I left Starbucks and headed home to my apartment.