Chapter Twenty Three: Tacos and Tour Talk

When we finally arrived at the flat, we slowly walked in and looked around. It was strangely quiet and I felt extremely jumpy. Louis and I walked to the kitchen and when we got there, I heard a battle cry and Niall jumped out from under the sink. I screamed and jumped on Louis’ back.

“RUN HUBBY!” I yelled and Louis took off. Unfortunately, the front door was blocked by Liam. Louis quickly scurried in the other direction, heading to the living room. Harry was sitting on the couch grinning evilly.

“We’ve been expecting you.” he said in a deep voice. He jumped up and tackled us to the couch. I dug my way out from under Louis and ran to Harry’s room.

“WIFEY!” Louis screamed, trying to get me to return to help him. I continued running away.

“Sorry Louis! Every man for himself!” I yelled and when I got to Harry’s room, I locked the door and leaned my head on the wood. Whew, I’m safe. I thought with relief. I turned around to see a smirking Zayn. Spoke too soon.

He advanced towards me and before I could move, he had me cornered against the door. He brought his arms up and put a hand on either side of me, preventing my escape. He leaned close to my face.

“You messed with the Bradford Bad Boy’s hair. Big mistake.” he whispered. His face was just inches from mine. His breath smelled like mints and I felt goose bumps form as the cool breath touched my skin.

“Sorry?” I squeaked. He shook his head.

“Too late for apologies.” said Zayn. He leant closer and I got caught up in the moment. I didn’t try to get away. Just as his lips were about to touch mine, a loud pounding sounded on the door.

“Isabel! Are you in there? We forgive you!” yelled Harry. I snapped out of my trance and ducked under Zayn’s arm. He looked slightly disappointed.

“Yeah!” I yelled back to Harry. I opened the door and went out to Harry. He threw an arm over my shoulder and led me to the living room. We both sat on the couch and I leaned on his chest. He gently intertwined our fingers.

“I need to talk to you about something.” said Harry quietly. “Want to take a walk?”

“Sure.” I said back and we stood up, still holding hands.

“We’ll be back in a bit, lads.” Harry called out. Louis wolf whistled and Harry rolled his eyes while leading me out of the door. We walked behind the flat into a forest that I hadn’t noticed before. After walking for a bit, we came to a swinging bench nestled into the trees. Harry led me to it and sat down. I sat next to him and he looked up at me.

“We’re going on tour for four months.” he stated. I nodded.

“I know. Zayn told me.” I replied with a hint of sadness in my voice.

“He did? Oh, well the thing is, management won’t let our girlfriends come. They want us to stay focused.” Harry said.

“It’s alright. I understand.” I whispered. I looked down at my lap.

Harry lifted my chin so that I was looking at him. “I’ll call you every day. And Skype you! And we can text and maybe you could visit-” Harry started listing things we could do.

“Harry, it’s okay. You’ll be busy and I don’t want to take you away from your fans.” I told him. He smiled.

“I’ll miss you loads.” he said.

“I’ll miss you too.” I told him quietly. He leaned in and kissed me. I kissed back and after a few seconds, I pulled away.

“When do you leave?” I asked him.