Chapter Thirty Eight: Tunes and Tears

Hello my lovely readers! I've been trying to update more often, but I'm in school and we have a bunch of homework every night. I'll try to type a bunch of chapters this weekend and update along the week. And, by the way, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OVER 3,000 READS! This is absolutley mental. :) Please remember to fan, vote, and comment. And, I'm doing a little competition! The competition is to guess how old I am in the comments below. The person who is the closest to my real age will get a dedication in the next chapter and, if I haven't already fanned you, I'll do that as well! Keep reading! xxxxxxxxxx

******************************************************************

Later that night, the boys had a concert.

“Boys! Are you ready?” Paul called into the suite. The boys shouted back that they were, so we headed to the elevator and down to the lobby. As soon as we stepped foot outside, about a hundred girls started screaming. I flinched a bit at the sudden noise and Harry put his arm around my shoulders. When he pulled me into his side, the girls screamed louder, but the sound was muffled as we got into the rental cars.

The drive to the venue was fairly quiet. I sat next to Harry in the back, my head on his shoulder and our fingers intertwined. I could hear his heart rate accelerate as we neared the concert venue.

“Are you nervous?” I asked.

“No, just excited.” he replied and kissed my forehead. I grinned up at him and we soon parked. A frazzled looking stage manager with a headset on came through the back door.

“Oh, wonderful. You’re here.” he said, sounding relieved. The stage manager then directed us to the dressing room where Lou and the rest of the styling team were. Lou handed me Lux and they got to work on the boys.

After the boys were done, they hopped out of the chairs and bounded over to me. I set Lux down on the couch so I could hug them. I hugged Niall, Zayn, and Louis, who nearly broke my ribs. I next gave Harry a kiss on his cheek and a hug. Liam walked up and looked sad. I pulled him in for a hug.

“Don’t worry about Danielle. I’m sure you two will work it out once you see her in person.” I whispered in his ear. I pulled away and he nodded, biting his lower lip as it started to tremble. The boys all ran out and I listened to the screams of the girls. Picking up Lux, I grabbed a picture book from the diaper bag and started reading to her while watching the television screen that was showing the concert. I watched as the boys sang the first couple of songs.

A couple of songs later, the boys sat down on stools in a half circle with the band. Zayn stood up and sang part of “I Gotta Feeling”. His incredible voice came through the speakers and Lux stopped looking at the book to stare at her five favorite boys. A smile erupted onto her face as she watched Niall sing “Stereo Hearts”, Louis sing “Valerie”, and all of the boys sing “Torn”. They finished their covers and remained seated as the music started playing for “Moments”.

“Shut the door, turn the light off. I wanna be with you. I wanna feel your love. I wanna lay beside you. I cannot hide this,even though I try.” Liam began in his smooth voice. “Heart beats harder. Time escapes me. Trembling hands touch skin. It makes this harder. And the tears stream down my face.” he finished his part and tear slid down his face. My heart broke for him at what he must be feeling about Dani.

The boys finished the song and a few songs later, they finished up the concert and ran backstage. As soon as they opened the door, I stood up with Lux in my arms. Harry took her from me and I rushed over to Liam to envelope him in a hug. He buried his face in my hair and I felt tears fall onto my neck. He took a shuddering breath and pulled away.

“It’s going to be alright, Liam.” I said quietly.

“Yeah. You’ll work it out, lad.” continued Niall. The boys nodded and Liam wiped his eyes. Paul came into the dressing room.

“There is a major recording studio owner throwing a party over at his house tonight. He would very much like it if you lads would attend. If you went, we could get massive publicity for the band.” Paul said. The boys looked at each other a bit apprehensively.

“Do we have to?” asked Louis.

“Yes.” replied Paul firmly.

“I think I’m going to sit this one out, Paul.” Liam muttered quietly and Paul nodded.

“I’ll stay at the hotel with you, Liam.” I offered and he nodded.

“Right, well, you four have an hour to get ready. Remember, this is a formal event. Wear suits.” Paul told Harry, Niall, Louis, and Zayn. We all walked out of the venue and got into the rental cars to drive to the hotel.

After arriving back at the hotel, Louis, Harry, Niall, and Zayn jumped into four different showers. They then proceeded to put on their suits and style their hair. I sat on the couch with Liam, who still had a frown on his face. I smiled as I came up with an idea and stood up from the couch. I hid the Toy Story 3 DVD behind my back and popped it into the player without him noticing. After I sat back down, the movie started playing and a small smile played on Liam’s lips. We sat there for a few minutes before the boys stepped out.

They were all wearing black suits with white dress shirts and black ties, with the exception of Harry’s bowtie. Louis, Zayn, and Niall all had their hair in high quiffs and Harry had his signature curls. I watched Harry struggle with his bowtie for a second before I got up and helped him. I finished tying the bow and pulled him down for a short kiss.

“Have fun tonight, okay?” I told him.

“I wish you were going.” he muttered and I kissed him softly on his lips.

“I’ll be here when you get back.” I whispered and winked. He chuckled a bit at my cheekiness and Paul came in to fetch the boys.

“Ready to go, lads?” he asked. They were, so they all trailed out of the suite. After the door closed, I returned to the couch and sat with Liam as we watched the toys get taken to the daycare and tormented by the children. I lay my head on Liam’s shoulder and my eyes got heavier before finally sliding shut.