~Exceeding Expectations~

*Play Song*

Aaron winces ever so slightly as I clean his wound. "Sorry."

"It's fine." He says casually, but unmistakably through gritted teeth. He considers me for a moment. "I bet you'd believe me if I told you this isn't the first time I've been shot."

He jokes. A joker. I made 5-year-old me proud. I married a joker.

I smile, finishing up by applying gauze to his wound, then wrapping some more around his hefty arm to keep it in place.

As he begins to stand up, reportedly shirtless, I abruptly stop him. "Wait," I seized a wet towelette from the medical tray on my bed and proceeded to squeeze it of its water and clean the dust from his face.

The room is silent, just us. My hand slowly brings the towelette along his cheekbone, the motion of my hand slowing as my heart quickens its pace.

Until my hand is stopped by his. His left fingers softly holding mine as his right ones reach for my cheek.

Semi-lemony territory, don't say you weren't warned. Skip to the next chapter if you wish not to read it.

We inch closer as my cheeks flood with red and a pleasurable feeling arises in my gut. The air exploding with potential.

And then we were kissing.

He kisses me softly at first, then a bit more intensely, his need to lean down accompanied by my need to tiptoe. His hand transferring to my bare upper back before reaching down for the zipper of my dress.

We release for a second, our foreheads pressed against each other as we proceed to undress the other, I undid his pant buttons as he unzips my dress carefully.

I take a step back, looking him dead in the eye, probably confusing him for a millisecond but I continue to advance my own undressing by pushing out my dress's stiff exterior then slowly pushing it down to expose myself, underwear only.

He places his lips to mine once again, this time with more ferocity, hooking his hands underneath my thighs to lift me up to face him, my naked legs hooking around his bare muscular waist.

Then we were on the bed. He lays me down on the comforter, raiding my belly with kisses while whispering something that vanquishes the last bit of my doubting fear at the moment.

"...don't be afraid...never again."

Haha! No lemon for you!

Have a nice day my crystals!