~Following A Criminal~

*Play Song*

"Why......how did you...."

"Why? How? When.....where....I stuck around during the lockdown....your dwellers are quite clueless......"

Aaron inches out from beneath the covers, eyeing Ein fiercely.

Ein sighs, looking to the baby, who's eyelids started to flutter. "Look who's awake.....he's got your eyes Ultima....."

"Does he really?" Aaron asks, not really as a question and not as sentimental as he was before.

"I just don't understand....why marry a human....why bring such a sudden halt to the bloodline....why make my job so much easier....." Ein snarls, the baby starting to cry in his arms.

Aphmau snores silently beside a perplexed Aaron, his muscles tense.

"Don't worry...I won't hurt the baby....I'm not a monster.....like you....." Ein mysteriously pulls a gun from his back, the same one that shot Aaron in the arm on his wedding day.

Ein aims it at Aaron, holding the baby up in his arms. "All I need is you....."

*
Aphmau jolts up from her sleep, breaking into a sweat as she realizes she was safe in her bedroom, the baby's crib to the side of the room.

She feels a sudden abandonment as she saw Aaron wasn't there. She then thought he must have woke up early to do some administrative work.

Aphmau abandons the bed to peer into the birch-finished crib, studying her precious child with a warm gaze.

But something still felt wrong, Aaron would usually leave a note or text her where he would be going, and she had no knowledge of him having meetings this week.

It just didn't feel....right....as if Irene inside her was inching her closer to a verdict.

But it's okay....right?

Al then started to cry out, his hungry cry. Aphmau instinctively plucking her son up from the crib to prepare his meal.

*

A series of knocks ring out from the door. Aphmau, with a bubbling Al still in her arms, approaches the door, making silly, odd faces to the baby before she saw Daniel behind the door.

"Awwww he looks just like Alpha...." Daniel squeaks, that goofy smile on his face accompanied by his pixie green haircut.

"Hey, Daniel....what's up?" Aphmau asks, a bit concerned that Daniel was up this early in the morning....well, 11:00.

"Um I was asked to get Alpha to train the new recruits....is he not here?"

Don't panic....no panicking...new baby, positive vibes.

"N-no....maybe Laurence knows?"

"Laurence is the one who sent me...."

Don't panic.....nooo panic...

Screw it.

"Daniel...." Her voice suddenly shaky. "Find him...."

Internationally flying today oof.

Have a nice day my crystals!