~Old Habits, Die Hard~

*Play Song*
The way he sings the Portuguese part 😍

"I'm surprised." Derek's lights his cigar from where it danced between his teeth.

"Father." Aaron scolds, gesturing to Aphmau's very pregnant belly.

"My apologies, old habits die hard." Derek says as he stabs his cigar into the ashtray atop his desk before him, before he sits back formally into his office chair, Aphmau and Aaron sitting opposite him. "As I was saying, you've surprised me Aphmau. Not many people, even ordinary werewolves, can carry an Ultima to term."

"Thank you, sir." Aphmau answers, one of the few words she has said to the powerful man, and her father-in-law.

"It will be years until the boy's Ultima side starts to show, but when it does, he must be taught to control it. A 5-year-old Ultima is as powerful as a 20-year-old one."

Derek then looks to Aaron. "Son, if you could give me a few moments with Aphmau."

Aaron is reluctant but he eventually gives in. "I'll just be outside, okay?"

After he left the room, Derek sighs, almost sadly. "The poor boy..."

"Sir?" Aphmau furrows her brow, resisting the urge to massage her belly in front of the man, the kicking becoming stronger by the day.

"He is smart, but he is blind to the truth." Derek locks her gaze, leaning back into the support of the chair. "...Ultima natural births are almost never done.....and the majority of them....well they result in either the mother or the child....dying..."

Aphmau tries hard to hide her vulnerability, though it was like a pissed off dragon in its cage at the moment.

"Now....it may seem like I'm threatening you....I'm not, my son is stubborn but he is right, you are family....so I hope you understand the value of family as I ask you this....."

"Sir, if there is something you need, don't be afraid to ask...."

"...I am not a fool to know Irene will make her return soon enough....and until she does, she'll need you alive....so if it comes to a choice....between you or the child....I hope you know what to do...."

*

"And there he is....carried to full term..." Teony points to the fetus on the screen, her other hand on the device pressed to Aphmau's lower abdomen.

"So what should we do? To prepare?" Aaron asks, his fingers intertwined with Aphmau's naturally.

"Well, we've equipped your suite's bathroom with a birthing tub and the necessary materials and Lucinda and I will be on 24/7 standby until the birth, so the minute you feel anything abnormal, you call us, okay?" Teony takes a towelette across Aphmau's belly to rid it of the gel.

"Okay....thank you Teony....for everything...." Aphmau smiles gratefully, sitting up, minding the colossal round mass at her torso.

"Of course...anything for you Aphmau....its the least I can do.."

Albert had rescued Teony and her mother from the wasteland when Teony was merely 5, and she studied hard to be the best scientific specialist in the vault, she had been grateful to Aphmau and the Phoenix's ever since.

Like they say, what goes around, comes around.

*

Steamy scene: no lemon don't worry

"Feeling better?" Aaron asks, his hands resting on Aphmau's bare belly, Aphmau lying on him, her back to his front, in the birthing tub, this time bathing suits on.

"Like you wouldn't believe...." Aphmau responds, the water reaching midway up her belly, the kicking at a reasonable minimum.

"3 days overdue.....you're a hero...."

"You sound like a midwife..." Aphmau jokes, staring at the large mirror in on the wall in front of her, so basically looking at herself.

"You know....there are ways....to speed things up...." Aaron whispers, Aphmau's neck hairs standing on end.

"W-which one?"

"The proven most effective one..." He angles his head to line her neck with soft kisses, Aphmau breathing in abruptly.

"....you ready...for little Axel to come into the world...."

"Axel? I thought we agreed on Ashton...." Aphmau laughs, swishing the surface of the water slightly with her finger.

"You are avoiding the question..." He whispers as he gently nibbles at her ear, Aphmau closing her eyes in resistance, Derek's words ringing in her ears.

Between you or the child....I hope you know what to do....

But she gives in, angling her neck so her lips met his, kissing him softly as he softly pulled down her bathing suit bottom.

"Oh...." Aphmau moans, breaking from the kiss, her eyes widening.

"What? You already....." (😏😏)

"I think my water just broke......"

Have a nice day my crystals!