~A Father's Words~

~6 years later~

*Play Songs*

"Again Albert?" Aaron sighed, carrying his son's backpack in one hand, his other holding Al's as they depart from the school towards the car.

The world had returned to its former glory before the nuclear holocaust, maybe even better. Every corner of the world now radiated a futuristic feel.

"I'm sworry Dad." Al mumbled, unable to meet his father's gaze. "I just...the kid made me so...so..."

"Mad?" Aaron finishes for him as he opens the car door for Al.

"Yeah. Something rweally weird happened this twime, though."

Aaron held his breath, his heart pounding loudly in his chest as he pulled out of the school's parking lot.

This is it Aaron thought. He knew Al would be entering the stage of his life where he would start having Ultima-like symptoms.

I just wish she was here...Al needs her mother...and I need my wife...

Aaron's mind since the day the world reverted back to pre-nuclear has been plagued by Aphmau's sacrifice to make the world a better place. 

How she was destined since the day she was born to die.

It wasn't fair. The fact she had to create memories, create love, create life...and then fade away—just like that, in his arms.

It wasn't fair.

The rest of the car ride was pretty silent. Aaron remained unsure on how to articulate simple words as he focused on the road.

A group of teenagers on actual hoverboards, not the crappy ones on the ground, fly by, laughing with big stupid smiles on their faces. 

Aphmau did that, caused that, made joy, but she also did something to Aaron along the way.

Aaron had raised Al on his own, working on taking Aphmau's gift to the world and transforming the world into something greater. You could say in other words, he was the godfather of tomorrow, but it didn't matter, because all he wanted to be was the husband of yesterday.

Al is what has been keeping him going, along with his friends and pack. He hadn't dated nor met anyone since Aphmau. It's not like that with werewolves. There was only one for him, and one for her.

As Aaron pulled into the driveway of his modern mansion, made of assorted smoothed wood, and white and black concrete, Albert spoke up.

"Hey, dad.....isn't it mwom's birthday next week?" He squeaks. Aaron peers his vision to the back seat, seeing his son's eyes filled with wonder.

"No bud....it's tomorrow..." He manages a smile, his heartbreaking within.

"We should do something right?" He asks, Aaron nods. It was only recently that Aaron had the heart to tell the boy about his mother. Albert had said he always felt different from other kids, because of just being raised by a dad. Many criticized Aaron himself, for not giving Al a new mom. Aaron would just respond with the same thing. He has his mom, always. She never left.

Aaron knew one day he would have to tell the actual truth about his mother, and that day is closing in as Aaron knew he would have to start training his Ultima side.

Just as the two enter the house, a series of knocks ring out from the front door.

With a raised eyebrow, Aaron opens the door, eyeing the elderly man before him sporting a dark trench coat in the midst of April and uncanny features to someone distinctly familiar to Aaron.