~A Wedding To Remember~

*Play Song*

"I do have to say: It's men like him that convinces me to be Bi." Katelyn stated.

Luka rolled her eyes, grasping her girlfriend's shoulders with a firm grip. "Reign it in, honey. Leave some of that talk for Aphmau."

I would've laughed, if I wasn't trying on my wedding gown. My wedding gown. Good gods, how the night changes.

With Katelyn and Luka outside in my bedroom, I was in my closet, staring at my reflection like I was seeing a ghost. Or at least someone else. Because that girl in the mirror couldn't be me.

If I didn't look like the Ultima's mate before, I sure did now.

It wasn't like the traditional white gown most brides might wear. It was a maroon sleeveless gown that hugged curves that I wasn't even aware I had. The dress was studded with jewels, black roses, and exquisite lace around the hem, with a train trailing what seemed like miles behind me. My raven hair was tied up in a tight bun atop my head.

I looked...powerful. What the Ultima's mate should be.

I still haven't wrapped my head around it. Me? Marrying that scary hunk? He could snap me in half without even trying. Maybe he would even try it if I said something disagreeable.

But...it's for the good of the vault....good of the vault.

Fuck the vault.

At least with this alliance, we would be united under one banner and the fight for resources would be over. Civilization would no longer be fighting each other, just their common enemies: The Raiders, a rogue rebellion against the Vaults, as well as the other monsters that lived in our wasteland of an earth.

"C'mon Aphmau, we want to see ittttt." Katelyn pleaded.

I shake my head softly with a smile, playing with my fingertips once more.

I'll get through this, everything will be okay.

That is..if he accepts me as his mate.

See, yeah, a thing I forgot to mention.

If his Ultima form doesn't accept me, it could all go to hell.

*

Like the abnormal dress, an Ultima wedding was...untraditional as well.

Well, there is a priest. A cake. Walking down the aisle and whatnot.

But they have a howl.

A howl for the happy couple or something.

And apparently, I have to howl as well, to bond with him. As well as other traditions. And with each one mentioned to me, this whole thing becomes more real and more scary than I'd care to admit.

Sometimes...I just look at one of the girls in my vault, and no matter what she is doing, I envy her. Her freedom, her life, her responsibilities.

I don't even need to know her. I just need to know she isn't me.

I look out of one of my bedroom windows to the ballroom below. Men and werewolves were setting up chairs and tables for the ceremony, surprisingly well together.

If only.

I hear the door open behind me, then a low, panicked oh shit.

With a startled gasp, I swing my head towards the door, my eyes widening at the Ultima werewolf.

The Ultima Fucking Werewolf.

His head just barely makes the door frame and my grandfather prided himself on his high ceilings. "My apologies." His voice was like a gift. All deep and syrup-soaked, almost like velvet laced the words rolling off his tongue. "I was just trying to find the restroom, this place is a maze but...wow."