~Secretive Bish~

*Play Song*

"You can't seriously be considering this." Lucinda says in disbelief.

"I am. This is what I want."

Lucinda shakes her head, watching as her friend packs her bag. "There's absolutely no way you're going out into the wasteland alone!"

Aphmau lets loose a groan. "Lucinda—"

"Don't you dare 'Lucinda' me right now. I have every right to be mad—not even Aaron can know?"

Aphmau grabs her crackers and sandwiches. "No, especially not him. He would never approve. He's at a conference at the Lycan Vault, anyways."

"With good reason—Aphmau." Lucinda pleads, getting Aphmau to look at her. "Even if the alliance is strong, the wasteland is still profoundly dangerous...and to go alone..."

"This is where being Irene comes in handy—" Aphmau starts but is abruptly stopped by Lucinda's sudden grasping of her shoulders. 

"Enough with being Irene, Aphmau! You. Could. Die." 

Aphmau chews the inside of her cheek. "...if I had a nickel for everytime someone told me that."

"Just..please be safe. And contact me the second things start to become rough."

"...and if anyone asks?"

"You are sleeping over at my living quarters. Girl's night." Lucinda shakes her head once more, like she was trying to wake herself up from this nightmare. "Like anyone would fall for that."

Aphmau zips up her bag, first pulling on her jacket before slinging her bag across her shoulder. She reaches to hug Lucinda, but Lucinda stops her. 

"Wait, take these." She holds out in her hand three vials of maroon liquid, the vials no larger than Aphmau's palm. 

"What are these for?" Aphmau inquires, rubbing the vials in hand.

"If you encounter any danger, throw them at your feet and it will do the rest. Be expected to fight until the potion takes effect though."

Then they hug, Lucinda not willing to let go until she has to.

As Aphmau is halfway out the door, Lucinda calls out one last time. "And Aphmau." She winces. "I know, so...please be safe...for all of our sakes." Regret already building in her heart.

Aphmau nods with a slight smile, and before Lucinda knew it, she was gone.

Lucinda bit her lower lip. "Ohhh, fuck, what have I done..."

*

The wasteland nearby the vault was usually relatively empty, and it was quite easy to dodge the occasional monster thanks to the short-term masking spell courtesy of Lucinda. 

Though, just in case, Aphmau armed herself with a a family heirloom dagger and a small handgun, only to be used in extreme circumstances.

This is it...Aphmau thought...I'm finally going to find my father.

Have a nice day my crystals!