~Icy Girl~

Aphmau's POV

*Play Song*

Okay, I've sadly heard of pool water getting warmer, but never getting colder.

As I was on my last lap, I felt the fluid around me start to become chilling, goosebumps outbreaking across my body.

The whole room started to freeze, but I really started to panic when one of the corners of the pool began to freeze over, the crackling sound piercing my sensitive wolf ears.

No way...this has to be a dream....there is no way ice can freeze that fast.

I attempt to swim in the opposite direction but the pool's temperature had dropped so low my body started to feel numb.

I'm no scientist but I know that's not good. That's not good at all.

Luckily, the one person I needed to see crashed through the door, eyeing me and the substantially spreading ice that was getting awfully close.

The water stung every nerve on the surface of my skin and then some. The inside of my body began to feel empty and the outside was changing to a blue hue.

"APHMAU! Melissa, grab some towels." Aaron demands before diving into the pool himself.

"Aaron..." As I try to swim his way, I feel myself getting progressively slower, my body constantly shuddering even though I could barely feel my limbs.

You could see Aaron fighting it as well, the water starting to freeze all around but his powerful strokes break the ice as it was created.

I felt myself become immobile until I couldn't feel at all, the thought of giving up consumed my mind until it became successful.

I couldn't help it. I gave up.

Third Person View

Aaron noticed Aphmau go horrifically still and fall beneath the semi-solid surface of the water, causing him to swim faster and harder, his body pumping with adrenaline and motivation.

Once close enough, he dove down to scoop the tiny werewolf in his right arm, using his left to break the surface again to allow the two to escape the frigid current. Melissa calling for them at the edge of the pool.

With all his might, he dragged Aphmau's blue body through the water, refusing to give up....because if he gave up....it wouldn't just be for him.

Finally reaching the side, he raises Aphmau out of the pool into Melissa's towel holding hands.

Aaron immediately grabs a few and wraps Aphmau's stiff body in it, his arms the seatbelt in making sure that no extra air escaped it.

The room was luckily starting to get warmer, courtesy of Garroth, but the only thing moving on Aphmau at that moment was her lips and her eyes.

"Breathe Aph.....breathe.....its okay.....you're okay...."

"Breathe mija....breathe....its okay....you're okay...."

Aphmau was lying against Aaron's chest, Aaron sitting up with his arms enveloping around his icy wife, begging for her to be warm again.

Melissa wraps a towel around Aaron, chattering her teeth as she ran out of the room for help.

"....its okay...you're safe now....I got you..." He tightens his embrace, his face immersed in the frozen strands of Aphmau's hair.

"Aaron...." Aphmau croaks, inspiring a relieved smile from her husband. "Yes, hun?...."

"...I'm cold...." He chuckles, that oh so sweet addictive chuckle. "I can see that..."

He exhales. "Why are you always in the wrong place at the wrong time......"

"Maybe I am at the right places, just for the wrong reasons...."

Have a nice day my crystals!