~Consequences~

*Play Song*

You chose wrongly.....

What do you mean? I chose Aaron.....

Case in point....you let your love cloud your judgment....

And that is bad, why?

You would've died....

But I didn't....

Indeed......it would've been catastrophic.

You saved me, didn't you?

Everything comes with consequences...including your resurrections....you will soon have to endure them....

Why? And why didn't you just let me die....

It wasn't just you at stake....

What, do you need the Ultima's heir alive or something......

No.....I need you...

You aren't very clear.....

I pride myself on that.....and technically I am you...

Why do you need me alive....

I just need you alive to a certain point.....but I'm sorry to say....when the time comes....

What?! I'll die?

We all die....it's just a matter of when and how....

Can you at least tell me how.....

All I will say is.....you will be satisfied......

Aphmau jolts up in bed, a singular scream emitting from her mouth, the kicking resuming as the baby awoke along with her, also the individual next to her.

"Shhhhhh hey its okay--" Aaron starts, instinctively positioning his palm on her shoulder, but Aphmau flinches at his touch.

Aaron retracts his hand immediately, his ears flapping down. "Do I still scare you....."

"No..." She lies, massaging the place he choked her, staring at the ticking clock beside her, like the time ticking off her decided life.

"I'm sorry Aph......"

"You keep saying that....as if it was your fault." She turns around to face him. "It wasn't......it was mine....."

Aaron inhales, preparing himself for the hard-ass conversation he knew was coming. "I caused that to happen to you.....hell, I'm pretty sure if the dwellers hadn't shown up....the ghoul would've....." He stops himself, momentarily looking to the ceiling for a desperate cry for help.

"Aaron.....I knew that wasn't you....I know you would never hurt me intentionally.... " She reaches for his face, his soft skin rubbing against the inside of her thumb. "....I just had a bad dream is all....."

"Oh.....wanna talk about it...."

Should he know?

That's up to you.....

"I think....Irene was speaking with me...."

"Well? What did she say?"

"That I was gonna die......"

Short but deadly ooof

Have a nice day my crystals!