~A Sickening Day~

It's my fucking husband everyone and my favorite song of his. 

*Play Song*

Following the loud announcement, the colossal doors creak towards the side, sending chills down anyone's back who thought screeching Styrofoam was bad.

Three dodge trucks roll into the vault, parking themselves just inside so the doors could close again, minimizing radiation and exposure to the wasteland.

Out of one of the trucks emerges, Aaron, Laurence getting out the other door.

Laurence walks up to Aaron's side, opening his mouth to talk but Aaron stops him before he could begin nagging.

"Don't start Laurence, I'm fine."

Laurence shakes his head disapprovingly, rolling up his sleeves "You know you can't screw around when it comes to the wasteland man......at least get checked out before you see Aphmau."

Aaron locks his gaze, biting his lower lip, nodding to signify giving in. "Just focus on filing the oil rig report Laurence, and I'll focus on my well being."

"Whatever you say, Alpha."

*

"So water works?" Lucinda asks, her thumbs pressing against the book-provided pressure points, Aphmau grimacing.

"Yeah....I'm guessing its from the Irene thing....." Aphmau says, feeling the baby tumble inside her.

"...and the fact you adore swimming yourself?" Lucinda transitions her fingers towards the upper part of Aphmau's belly, stopping to feel if she had made any progress.

Aphmau's evident whimper show's shes made none.

"Sorry Aph, but there is really no way to help ease the pain of excessive kicking, well except in your case, water."

Aphmau sits up higher in her bed, adjusting so she'd be semi-comfortable. "It's okay.....what else should I have expected, it's Aaron's son for crying out loud...."

Lucinda manages a laugh, her fingers lingering on Aphmau's abdomen, her face somewhat peculiar.

Aphmau immediately picks up on it. "Something wrong?"

"It's nothing, it's just from what I can tell the baby is breech and we need for the baby to be head first for a natural delivery, but its okay, they usually naturally turn in the third trimester......" 

"Aren't I reaching my third trimester?" Aphmau asks, rubbing her bowling ball of a stomach.

Lucinda purses her lip. "Remember, we are taking this one step at a time....."

Lucinda turns around back to her reference book, hearing Aphmau wince once again.

Knowing of Aphmau's current predicament, Lucinda didn't pay much mind to it, at least until Aph said this. "Hey Lucinda.....is Aaron back from the oil rig yet?"

Lucinda answers with her eyes still glued to the words on the page. "I think so.....why?"

"Because I think I just had a contraction......"

*

"Okay, everything looks good. I'm just gonna send your blood work down to the lab for testing...." Teony is then interrupted by the musical tone of Aaron's cell phone.

"Thanks, Teony..." Aaron pulls his phone swiftly from his pants pocket, seeing the caller ID before picking up. "Hey babe, I just got back...." Aaron hears Aphmau's panicked voice, Aaron's eyes widening. "I-I'll be right there."

*

"Braxton-Hicks?" Aaron asks.

"It's supposedly mild contracting of the uterine wall, but in Aphmau's case, like everything else, was a bit more extreme," Lucinda answers, wrapping up her materials as she departs the room.

"Sorry for pulling you away from whatever you were doing...."

Aaron cuts her off, leaning against the bed frame with one hand, brushing her cheek with the other. "No, don't apologize......whatever it is, just let me know and I'm there...."

Aphmau places her palm atop his, smiling sweetly. "What did I do to deserve you....."

Aaron returns her smile, reaching down to kiss her softly, releasing to answer. "You somehow made me fall in love with you.....a stubborn love I cannot fall out of....."

Aphmau's smile grew, kissing him back for a few seconds before she was interrupted by the opening of their room door. 

"Hey, Aaron...oh sorry to interrupt," Teony says, her face pained. "But it's urgent...." 

"What's up Teony?" He asks, joining her in the hallway, Teony taking a step back from him as if he were a contagious disease she did not count on catching.

"Your blood work came back....and Aaron we need to get you into containment ASAP."

*

"A ghoul?" Katelyn inquires, arm's crossed, looking through the glass wall to Aaron strapped in a medical bed.

Teony nods. "Ghouls are humans post-nuclear who never found shelter, so when an individual, even werewolves are exposed to a certain amount of radiation, unless caught early enough and administered Radiaway, the consequences....." Teony eyes the Ultima, gulping. "...could be catastrophic."

Teony pulls on a hazmat suit, snapping on her rubber gloves as she entered the pressurized room, ready to inject the Radiaway when she hears Aaron croak. 

"Don't tell Aphmau....." 

Teony inches closer, muffled by the full-on head coverage part of the suit. "We don't know how long it will take to get you back to normal......"

"She's....stressed enough as it is....and I don't want her anywhere near this...."

"Aaron....this is isn't gonna be easy.....you don't want to do this alone...."

Aaron wheezes, his skin an unnatural grey comparing to his usual tan. "...well neither is her pregnancy....send Katelyn to her please...."

Teony turns towards the glass, nodding towards Katelyn, Katelyn getting the message as she exits out into the hallway. 

"Alright....we are gonna pump you with Radiaway now....okay?"

"You just do what you gotta do....."

Have a nice day my crystals!