Chapter Five

Please VOTE, COMMENT, FAN and FOLLOW!!!

Love Mama Marshmallow xox

***********

“I can do the dishes. It’s late, go to bed.” James offered kindly, as he stared at me with worry once we had finished dinner.

“Are you sure?” I asked unsurely, stifling a yawn.

“Yes, go sleep, you look dead on your feet.” James smiled lovingly, and placed a peck on my temple lightly.

“Alright then, since you insist. I’m going to take a shower first though.” I grinned, and trudged into my bedroom to gather my pyjamas.

I finally decided on simple grey sweatpants, and a loose black crop top.  I grabbed a matching pair of black lacy underwear as I walked past her dresser. I walked into the bathroom, and hung my pyjamas on the clothes rack.

I turned on the shower, and set it to the perfect temperature, and stripped out of my sweaty dance clothes, and tossed them in the hamper. I stepped into the warm shower, and shut my eyes tightly. I was determined to forget my stresses and focus on the hot water unknotting my tightened muscles.

I washed me exhausted body with vanilla body wash, and shaved my legs and arms thoroughly and carefully. I finally washed my hair with my beloved green apple shampoo and conditioner. When I was finished washing and cleaning myself, I just stood in the shower, letting the water fall over my body like a warm, sweet-smelling waterfall. My body refused to step out of the warm sanctuary.

At last, as the water turned cold, I reluctantly shut off the water, and stepped out into the freezing air. I had no idea how long I was in the shower for. The warm water had let me forget my worries and stresses, just as I had wished.

I wrapped the big, fluffy white towel around my steaming body, and harshly scrubbed the water off of my clammy body. I was anxious to put her clothes on, as I was freezing. When I was completely dry, I wrapped the towel around my hair.

I quickly dressed, pulling on my clean undergarments, followed by my sweatpants and crop top. I sighed in relief, as I was now warmer than I was before.

I tossed the dampened white towel into the clothes hamper in the corner of the room. I rinsed my toothbrush and squirted a fair amount along the firm bristles. I shoved the brush in my mouth, and firmly cleaned my straight, white teeth. I spat in the basin, and rinsed my mouth, before cleansing my face with moisturiser.

I sprayed deodorant and perfume on myself, determined to smell good. I smiled at her reflection, and headed downstairs to check on James. The lights were off and the kitchen was spotless.

“He must have went to bed.” I said quietly, and looked at the grandfather clock by the TV stand. It read ten o’clock.

I  headed to my bedroom, and opened the door, closing it behind me with s hardly noticeable ‘click’.

I pulled my thick bed covers back, and climbed into bed, snuggling deep in the covers and thick mattress. I sighed in relief. It was time for sleep. I closed my eyes gently, and slowly fell asleep.