Chapter Twenty-Four

*Brooke’s POV*

“Mr and Mrs Horan, correct?” The middle-aged lady with unnatural cherry red hair drawled with boredom. We were at the inspection, and we were standing in front of a strong brown door with the numbers “16” on the front.

Niall’s source told us that this was very much our style, so I’m excited to take a look at it. Niall and I looked at each other, biting our lips in amusement, “Yes, that is correct.”

The lady nodded her head, and turned the key in the lock. The door sprung open with a ‘click’ revealing the apartment. Niall and I walked in slowly, hand in hand, as we looked around at the bare walls, bare floor, bare room.

The living room space had a olden fireplace, with space above it for ornaments and photo frames, and the space was able to be opened out into a beautiful balcony, with a gorgeous view of the streets, and opposite the flat building and across the road, the park filled with tall trees and trimmed meadows.

The kitchen was square; with a tall island directly in the centre, with space above it to hang your pots and pans. There was a beautiful glossy marble countertop, with glossy cupboards both above it, and below in the countertop. There was space for a big refrigerator, and beneath the big window, a dish washer, and in the very corner of the countertop, was the white gas stove.

“This entire building was constructed in 1962, and a few particular flats have been newly renovated, such as this one, leaving the design entirely up to the buyer. It has one large bedroom with an adjoining bathroom, and two regular sized bedrooms.  Besides the ensuite, this flat also has one large bathroom and a laundry, and a large kitchen. This flat also has two balconies.” The lady spoke from behind us, as Niall looked around with smiles on our face.

“Would you care to see the rest of the flat?”

“Yes please,” Niall smiled, and we followed the lady down the hallway. The hallway wasn’t too long; maybe four metres long? Six metres max, with one door at the very end of the hallway, and there were two doors on our left, and two on our right.

“The doors on our right, are the regular sized bedrooms, with the doors on our left being the laundry,” we peered into the first door on the left. It revealed a white-washed room, only containing a built in cupboard, and a large sink, with space for quite a big washing machine. The ground were small circular tiles.

The next room we peered into was the first regular sized bedroom. It had glossy wooden floor panels, and a built in wardrobe. The big window on the opposite wall, had a window seat.  The other regular sized bedroom, was exactly the same, with a window seat beside the window, and a built in wardrobe, except it was on the opposite wall.

The lady led us to the bigger bathroom; it was actually quite big, it had a triangular bathtub in the far end right corner of the room, and in the far end left corner, was a crystal inclined shower. In a tiny little room, was an expensive looking toilet. The door closing off the toilet, which also had a lock on it, had a cute “Toilet” wooden sign on it.

Against the left hand side wall, was an enormous glossy white countertop, with an oval shaped basin, (with a tap) in the centre of it. A huge mirror was above it, taking up the remainder of the space of the wall. There were quite a few cupboards and drawers beneath the counter. And behind the door, opposite the bathtub, was a huge rosewood cupboard.