Thank You.

Knock, knock.

I wiped my tears off of my tired face and shuffled to the door, ignoring my screaming parents in the background.

They had been fighting for God knows how long about my dad who recently got let go from his job and is to depressed to look for another. I'd call it a midlife crisis.

'Go get your lazy ass a job! All you do is sit on the couch and complain.'

I stepped up and I opened the mahogany door to find my 3 best friends with a pizza & some stupid comedies.

Harry, Liam, and Emma. We were practically brothers and sisters since 3rd grade. I had fallen in love with Liam in 6th. & we're now seniors. I've been planning to tell him on Graduation day.

I tried to smile at how sweet they were and sniffed,

"Hey guys...."

'You worthless piece of shit! I don't know why I married you'

I sighed softly as they pushed me aside and walked in.

I tried to stop them, "Now isn't really a good time." I warned.

Emma's blue eyes looked at me, "It's a perfect time. "

I jumped at glass shattering, probably my mom's precious vase she cared about so much. I lead them down to my room; which was in the basment.

I had Christmas lights around the top of the brick walls, some posters of artists I liked, like Ed Sheeran & Demi Lovato, & Lana Del Rey.

It was pretty much the perfect hang-out for us.

We all sat on my black leather couch in our assigned spots. I brought my sleeve up to wipe my face again when Harry spoke up,

"Is everything okay?"

No. Nothing's okay. Did you hear that upstairs? It's all because my mom devotes her life to alcohol. Which means she comes home wasted.

I smiled a fake smile, "Yeah.. they're just having a fight."

Harry & Emma went up to the tv to put the movie in.

I felt Liam's eyes on me, he knows I'm not okay.

The movie started and we stuffed our faces with the sausage and ham pizza and laughed at how the actors tried to be funny.

I felt better after wards. We all walked back upstairs to get some soda and it was dead silent.

The back door was wide open. I cleared my throat and got out 4 red solo cups. I peeked out the window and saw my mom's SUV was gone.

I poured out some Pepsi and handed them to my friends.

We all sipped in comforfable silence.

When it was time for them to leave I watched them walk out of the door.

I smiled, pressing my head against the door frame, and.whispered,

"Thank you."