11

CHAPTER ELEVEN

The rain poured continuously, and it was cold. I, myself, felt cold and I worried about Tanya who was wearing a thin dress and ballerina flats. I could already see her undergarments from the thin dress, and I guessed she probably felt so cold, like being naked under the fridge cold water.

I watched as she struggled to climb the low slope of the foothill, but it was too steep, and Tanya's feet were sliding, so I held her arm to help her. But stubborn and proud as she was, she declined.

"I can do this!" She proudly said and held on to a thin branch for support as she tried to climb the slope.

"Okay," I just shrugged, and trekked up to the terrain slope. It was just easy for me because I do mountain climbing and trekking.

I was a few feet away from the road when it thundered and a lightning struck a tree from a distance. Tanya screamed and I glanced down at her. She was still on the same spot where I left her.

I chortled as she looked at me helplessly.

"Do you need a little help?" I asked.

She just stared at me like she was about to cry in defeat, so I took the initiative to go to her and offered my hand. She finally took my hand, and I pulled her as we went up, but she stumbled.

"Sorry," she said as I helped her up. She shivered, and was about to whimper in frustration.

"It's ok, love." I said and rubbed her arms with my palms to give her even just a little comfort and warmth.

As I was trying to keep her warm, I was already thinking of a way that we could go up together because pulling her with me was just a bad idea. It just gave her bruises on her knees and shin. "Ok, let's try this." I suggested and turned my back to squat.

I instructed her to ride on my back, but she just stood there.

"No, I'm... heavy." She said reluctantly.

"Let's give it a try, unless you would like me to drag you up with bruises on your knees and shin?" I asked. "Come on, Tanya. I've already carried you when we... made out."

She didn't say anything, and didn't move.

"Don't you remember that time?" I looked up at her, and saw her bite her lower lip as she blushed, while freezing in the cold.

I found her cute when she would blush whenever I would try to toy with her, so I continued to tease her. "Don't you remember when I kissed you... and touched you?" I said as I lewdly look at her.

"Okay, enough! Fine! Fine! I'll ride your back! You don't have to make me recall that...that obscenity!" She said as she straddled on my back.

"Wrap your arms around me." I instructed, and thankfully, she shyly followed. Suddenly, there was another thunder and lightning. She instinctively tightened her arms around my neck and screamed, close to my ear. I tilted my head away and muttered a cuss.

"Will you stop?" I snapped.

"Sorry..." she mewled.

"And pls. loosen your arms around my neck. You're gonna choke me!" I ordered, and she loosened her arms.

I trekked up the slope and reached the road, just as easily as I did a while back. I gently put her down, but another thunder and lightning came, and she almost jumped on me.

"Calm down." I said as she gripped my soaking wet shirt, and I put my arms around her.

She was just quiet, and disoriented, as she shivered under my embrace. "Coming from a tropical country, you're not used to this kind of cold, are you?" I asked to make a little conversation, hoping that her focus would not be on the strong pouring cold rain, and intermittent thunder and lightning.

She just nodded.

"I feel cold too." I shared, waiting for her response. She didn't say anything, but I felt her grip on my shirt loosened, and she rested her head on my chest, and slowly wrapped her arms around me.

I don't know what to feel, but I couldn't stop myself from smiling. I felt my heart pulsate faster, and I felt warm inside.

"Come on, love. Let's walk." I said not removing my arms around her as we walked. Her arms were still around me too.

The rain continued to pour, and the mud on our clothes were washed away. We didn't talk much, but I was happy. It was like the best time I've had in years, and we were just walking? That was a quixotic feeling! I never knew that I've always wanted and liked this feeling. It was crazy, and I didn't want the rain to stop.

But it did. This Malibu rain is a KILLJOY!