43

CHAPTER FORTY THREE

I've never been so happy and at peace! Something has changed between me and Tanya. This happiness and peace I am feeling is beyond words... and almost like beyond eternal.

I think it has got something to do with what happened to Tanya, when we were in the truck. She suddenly came into a some sort of trance which was weird, but it somehow changed something in her. I could feel something opened up, but I just couldn't exactly identify what. I somehow felt a much deeper connection. A some sort of breakthrough feeling. I guess it was because I could feel she was reaching out to me, though she might have tried not to.

All that matters to me and all that my world revolves around in are to be with my wife and Timothy. I am convinced that as soon as we get our son and I am able to take them under my protection, we will be at peace and happy. I could feel that everything would be alright soon and I felt happy that I looked up to the sky as I was driving, and then glanced down at Tatania who's head was on my shoulder as I drove down the high way.

I looked up at the vast skies and quietly thought of my Mae.

Mae, now I understand that this is how Papai felt like with you. Perhaps this is how much Papai loved you that much that was why he was so devastated, and wanted to end his life. Now I understand, Mae. I understand what kind of love Papai had for you because I feel it too for this special woman beside me. She is the mother of your grandson. Your first grandson, Mae! I excitedly imagined speaking to my mother, as if she were still alive.

"Love," Tanya said.

"Yes?" I quickly glanced at her before turning my focus on the drive way.

"Who did you talk to earlier today?" she asked.

"I called Chantal, and told her to book us a ticket tonight."

"Tonight? Where are we going?" she sounded worried.

"We're going to Brazil with Timothy." I said and held her hand with mine, while the other was on the steering wheel.

"B-but... I have not spent time with my family... and friends yet." She sadly said.

"I know, love." I raised her hand to my lips and kissed it. "I promise you that we're going to bring them all to Brazil soon. But now is not the right time to stay at one place. I have to make sure that you and Timothy are safe." I explained as I glanced at her to see her reaction.

She was sad, but I knew she understood.

"I'm sorry," I kissed her hand again because I felt guilty that she had to endure being far away from her parents again after we get Timothy in Laguna.

"You don't have to say sorry," she sighed and wrapped her arms around my waist as she rested her head on my shoulder. "I understand, love."

I smiled at what she did because I noticed that she was more comfortable now with me, and I felt happy about it.

"Thank you, love. Now, let's go get my little boy." I said feeling excited to see and hold my son for the first time.

Finally, we reached Laguna. I could feel her excitement as we were near the street of her home, but we noticed some police cars that were parked close to her house. I felt her tension as she sat straight and drove closer.

She pointed to her home, and that was where we parked. She immediately stepped out of the car, as ran towards the gate of the house.

"Miss, sino po kayo?" the police stopped her.